Thread: Camper trailer tips

Camper trailer tips

I have just bought a Bilby camper and had it out this weekend just gone when it was raining quite bad. The canvas held up pretty good but the condensation was leaking down from the steal bars. Anyone have an idea on what to put around them so they don't leak? Also the mattress that came with the camper is terrible, any ideas on what to replace it with?

Re: Camper trailer tips

A tarp over the top of the camper will stop that. The best way to go for a mattress is a inner spring. Costs more but worth it.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Had a canvas camper for yeas and the only solution was a tarp. Also kept it cooler on hot sunny days. Down under camping on Picketing st enoggera has a good deal on tarp pole spreader bar rope package and they are nice people too.

try asking this question here:-

http://www.myswag.org/

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

We put one of these on the queen size foam mattress and it made it quite a comfortable, and desirable in hot weather, bed.

http://www.clarkrubber.com.au/convol...s-overlay.html

Darren

You need more ventilation inside the camper, to allow circulation. As for the mattress I use a Black Wolf Mega Delux self inflating mattress, When inflated it's around 10cm thick, Not really cheap but well worth it. cheers Ron. Sorry, forgot to add that you can join two mattresses together with the velco straps that are attached to each mattress. each mattresses are 198 long x 77 wide x 10cm thick.

Condensation on the poles, as mentioned is condensation, where it is colder on one side to the other, as a general rule. The other thing to check is to make sure that there are not small pin holes from the canvas / poles rubbing on each other, if so a old candle should help with this and also check out myswag as per lucky phill, great guys and gals over there,.,,
    Ross

May your lines be as tight as ....

I purchased an inner spring mattress from made to measure mattresses at Clontarf. I usually have difficulty sleeping when camping, well this mattress fixed it for me just fantastic and just like sleeping in a normal bed...............foam is crap in my opinion!.