Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: DRAGONFLY by Raymarine!!!!!!

Cool DRAGONFLY by Raymarine!!!!!!

Hi Gents,
    Had the opportunity this morning to have a play with the new Raymarine Dragonfly this morning in Pittwater.

Here are a few of the images we captured.

The boat in view is a 60 odd ft timber power cruiser which we dived on for a quick look(it had some XOS bream and black fish on it)
    The sounder and down vision are both CHIRP based technology, hence the clarity of image, all in a 5.7 inch and sub $1000 unit!!!!

More to come!!!!!!
    Dan

dump017.jpg dump013.jpg

dump061.jpg dump043.jpg

dump018.jpg

Re: DRAGONFLY by Raymarine!!!!!!

Bloody clear images, looks like that boat has just been placed there. Not bad for a $1000, whats it's max operating range.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Wow! That is almost beyond belief.

Is that the wreck on the SE corner of Scotland Island?

It looks good but all the images that I have seen taken off it are in shallow water. How does it perform in water over 10m? It would be awesome if it had quality like that in 60m of water.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Very interesting imaging there. Any hint as to the Hz range it is using?
    Ignore the Hz range, the website covered it.
    Interesting how it is IPX6 and IPX7 compliant.....two different levels of protection there.
    The keyed lock feature on the rear is interesting as well.

I sort of get the impression it is a switch on and run unit by the way they talk about it....I wonder what the menus are like?
    Jack.

if its that good a say 30 to 60 + meters it really will be something

Sonar Type
    CHIRP Sonar
    Sonar Channels
    CHIRP Sonar Frequency Range
    200kHz CHIRP DownVision Frequency Range 350kHz
    Depth Range
    CHIRP DownVision and CHIRP Sonar imagery 600ft
    Warranty 1 year Warranty*

I will watching this one with interest. Hey Dan204, is that sub $1k figure with the transducer? When in March is it being released?
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I will watching this one with interest. Hey Dan204, is that sub $1k figure with the transducer? When in March is it being released?
    ozynorts,
    The unit is retailing for $945 with Australia wide Navionics Gold and comes with the new Raymarine transom mount Chirp/Down image transducer.
    We haven't had it out to 60m yet but hope to do so in the next fortnight. Deepest we have had it here is AUS is about 35m. Performed exactly the same while we contended with a solid 2.5m swell and a 15 knoter on top of that. It'll also read at speed, thus far around 25kn.

For those who aren't familiar with CHIRP systems it reads exactly like a normal Digital sounder, but will give you around 10x the resolution. The transducer's are able to 'pulse' a broad spectrum of frequency's, whilst having a much more definite cut in and cut out for that sound. Hence you get a excellent res.
    The Raymarine down vision is based on the same CHIRP technology, not standard sounder tech. Hence why the down vision is so much clearer than other bracnds.

Don't know what was up with the dislike but changed it as soon as I noticed it ,this is great value and still only one tranny to mount thanks for the info...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I think this will be my next boat's TV screen......
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I think this will be my next boat's TV screen......

It does look good and i'm in the market for a new toy aswell.........Just have to wait and see when it gets on the market.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

On sale now at Koala Marine GPS. $650

I wish my sounder would break.

Tunaticer the ipx6 is probably for the sounder and the ipx7 the transducer.
    Last edited by Fed; 24-02-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Added comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm W View Post

Yeah just checked that out.......No charts at that price though......I will have a look at the local dealer here when they get one in.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Some great prices at Koala GPS, but it's still sent from USA so I guess theres a chance of paying GST on arrival. It is even in their shipping notes that they will not be liable for taxes.