Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DRAGONFLY by Raymarine!!!!!!

Re: DRAGONFLY by Raymarine!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    They come with maps preloaded . $389 free
    that sounds to cheap to me timddo

Hey when are they going to be available to buy? I don't mean pre order but actually on the shelves?
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Ozy from what I know they should be on shelves a couple of weeks after Easter.
    First shipment from the place I pre ordered mine will nearly be all pre orders stock I was told.

Can wait for it!!!!!

I have pre-ordered one but Qld re-sellers cant give a date. N.Z dealers are advertising 15/04/2013 and in England they are advertising 19/04/2013. So.......I.m guess around the same time here

i would spend the money on an lowrance elite7 hdi and go for the larger screen instead

Any other reason choco?

chirp is great but i dont think the punch of the dragonfly will really capitalise on it. it may i cant say for sure. but well yeah. i personalty dont think the down imaging on either the HDI or DSI or dragonfly are that fantastic . they are all single element transducers and come across as fuzzy and pixleated compared to dual element transducers .

but.. if you had 1000 to spend on a unit.. with maps.. that had down imaging AND traditional spectrum . i think the wider screen on the 7-HDI allows for more usability. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    chirp is great but i dont think the punch of the dragonfly will really capitalise on it. it may i cant say for sure. but well yeah. i personalty dont think the down imaging on either the HDI or DSI or dragonfly are that fantastic . they are all single element transducers and come across as fuzzy and pixleated compared to dual element transducers .

but.. if you had 1000 to spend on a unit.. with maps.. that had down imaging AND traditional spectrum . i think the wider screen on the 7-HDI allows for more usability. IMO
    So to clarify - are you a re selling dealer for both lowrance and for raymarine chocolate moose or just for lowrance ??

I tend to think of Raymarine as a far better brand than Lowrance when comparing the 2 also. Not sure about the smaller units though.

i'm a lowrance, humminbird. garmin, geonav dealer. ive considered becomign a raymarine dealer wice. but it wouldnt be worth having gamrin and raymarine. read into that what you like

Hi guys
    Has anyone actually fitted a Dragonfly and used it in greater than 80m of water?
    Has anyone mounted the transducer to shoot through the hull i.e. can it be done and does it work?

Thanks
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by shandos View Post
    Hi guys
    Has anyone actually fitted a Dragonfly and used it in greater than 80m of water?
    Has anyone mounted the transducer to shoot through the hull i.e. can it be done and does it work?

Thanks
    Paul
    That's the problem at the moment Paul! This thing is so new that very few have had a look at it in use and no-one has one yet. I was considering Dragonfly for my new boat but there is no information available on how easy it is to use with regard to inputting gps marks. No in depth tutorials or demo's on utube or the Raymarine website. I might get one down the track for use as a sounder only, for the Chirp and downscan ability plus the added benefit of a back up chartplotter if the main unit goes down.

The whole thing is a stand alone unit with no networking capability, one cable connection for both power and transducer. It is supplied with it's own unique transom mount transducer that is similar in appearance to the lowerance structure scan transducer. It has it's downsides, but the upside is the units relatively cheap price for Chirp and Downscan technology. Just wish it came with the option of a bigger screen and there was more information available about actually using it!

Here's a pic of the Dragonfly Transducer;

Transducer.jpg
    Jim

Thanks for the reply Jim
    My problem with transom mount tranducers is they tend to "kick up" ( as they are supposed to prevent damage) when I come off the back of a wave. I have a Haines 680 walkaround and the tranducer is almost impossible to get at to reset when at sea due to the pod sticking out past the hull line. I am assuming the Dragonfly tranducer also has a kick up facility.

regards
    Paul

This bay boy turned up today. cant wait to put it on the weekend.

Nearly ready for first wet run. Bring on Sunday! (I Apologise about my grubby fingerprints lol)