Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DRAGONFLY by Raymarine!!!!!!

Re: DRAGONFLY by Raymarine!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    As a stand alone sounder it looks pretty good, this or a Furuno 627 ?
    thats pretty much what I am thinking... does the furuno do what the dragonfly does??

at 5 inchs its to small to do both sounder and GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm W View Post
    On sale now at Koala Marine GPS. $650
    Do these have Geofencing issues seeing they are overseas bought?
    My goal for 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I made a promise in 2012 which I planned on keeping back in 2011.

The new Raymarine Dragonfly's are cheaper in Australia than they are from Koalagps.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin Semen View Post
    Do these have Geofencing issues seeing they are overseas bought?
    Bought 2 electronic items from the US, a GPS and fishfinder from 2 different places and no trouble with this. I thought it was only lowrance that did this.
    I'm interested in the dragonfly to complement my existing unit (sitex svs 650) not replace it. Not interested in it as a GPS.
    It looks good searching for diving ground in the shallower areas with the wider chirp transducer. We dive in 10-35m. Just waiting for a couple of reasonable reviews on the unit to see if its suitable.

Just got back from the Tackle & Tinny Show where I did have a good play with the "Dragonfly". I reckon its alright! I know 5" is kinda small but if you have a combination of 2 screens, split horizontally, its really not that bad. The Show Deal is $829 with Navionics Gold card and wont be available till after Easter. The Raymarine rep was very political when he said äfter Easter"and intimated that it may be SOME TIME after Easter... Bit of a gamble forking out $800 odd dollars for something that may be a while in the delivering. (I have been caught before). At least he was interested in selling it to all and sundry. I looked at Lowrance & Navman at Bias and because I didnt want the $3000 jobby, I couldnt get a rep interested. The rest of the show was as expected....lots of stuff with drool dripping off it. I had a good chat with the rep from Zerek Prawns. That was worth the 2 hrs in traffic alone. I had been going to waaay too much trouble with them. If you go, try and find him. The show he puts on is average but one on one, he is great. (and yes, I did stock up on the range while I was there.)
    Apart from that, nothing cheap. apart from cheap stuff. I looked at 12v fridge freezers, Ironman in particular. Extra Special Show Deal.....is the same price as E#ay and I would have to pick it up whereas E#ay is free delivery.

Its worth a day out if you have nothing better to do or you want something in particular. I did see lots of people humping coolers, generators, and other heavy stuff back to the carpark, which is a fair old hike.

Cheers guys

Aussie

chirp is cool. the down imaging is. ok. its a single element downimaging. like the HDI transducer on the lowrance ELITE7 HDI so the down imaging isnt as good as the LSS transducer "that big long one" from lowrance. or humminbirds transducer

but its not bad i think the elite 7 HDI with down imaging and broadband sonar and a gold aus card and a 7" screen for 999 is a better buy.

I'm sold on it. Great value and suits me perfectly. The guys at the stand also knew their stuff at the tinnie n tackle show.

Worth a look guys.

Cheers

Is the dragonfly worth it. I was either going to buy a garmin gps 750s but thinking of the dragon fly as a gps and bonus sounder.

I have had 4 Lowrance sounders/GPS units 1 of which I had replaced 3 times and the rest are sitting in my cupboard dead and some with good GPS marks in them.

I again recently purchased a Elite 5 DSI combo (My final attempt in buying Lowrance) and so far I am very happy with it but I must say if this Dragonfly was out at the time I would have def looked into it and more than likely bought 1.

Not to mention Lowrance aint easy to deal with when their product fails.

SS
    My goal for 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I made a promise in 2012 which I planned on keeping back in 2011.

I think it's a horses for courses situation.
    Me in a 4 meter tinnie in the estuaries and broadwater, it's perfect.
    And already having a navionics gold card from my other boat, it's sensational value.

For the offshore work maybe a bigger unit with more bells and whistles is the go.

Also note - im using the navionics gold card from my old lowrance unit. The raymarine guys weren't sure if it would work. So we tried and it did. Save some cash if you already have a card.

Cheers

They come with maps preloaded . $389 free

They come with a navionics gold card in the box. Or it can be purchased without.

Where did you find that info timddo? The US models have pre loaded US maps.
    Aussie units will need a card.

These units will be available with or without a card.
    With a card they are starting at around $850 and without a card they are starting at around $670.
    I bought a new yak 2 days ago so I am going to grab one of these Dragonfly's for it.

Whitworths $869

Thinking of getting one.

Fishfinder zoom at 272 metres-bmp.jpg
    For those who have questions on how deep it'll go.
    Absolutely maxing it out at this depth, but it'll do it!
    Those little blue blips on the screen are fish returns. Very small fish, but certainly fish.