View Poll Results: When was the last time you were stopped by a Fisheries officer in QLD

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • A week ago

14 6.42%
  • A month ago

9 4.13%
  • 3 months ago

14 6.42%
  • 6 months ago

21 9.63%
  • More than 12 months

90 41.28%
  • Never

70 32.11%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: When was the last time you were stopped by a Fisheries officer in QLD?

Re: When was the last time you were stopped by a Fisheries officer in QLD?

Got checked in Noosa River on Sunday by Police. Wanted to check safety gear & our measly catch. Good blokes, very courteous & if I had a decent catch, would have slipped them a fish.

Tony

Depends how offen you are on the water.

Been pulled up by water police once in the Pine River years ago, just a saftey check and quick look in the icebox, but I catch release river species. And once at the Bribie ramp but didnt do a major search they just wanted to see my catch of reefies and asked what I used to catch each species be it plastics or bait. They wanted to know the exact lure or bait. Measured the size of each fish and wrote it down with the lure name beside it. More of a survey they said. Not long after that the bag limit on snaps went down to 4..

Never by fisheries in qld, pulled at ramp at 5am by transport lads to line me up make me miss sunrise and wait in the line up for 40 minutes to check my boat and trailer rego and car rego and pick me up on broken car brake light, who cares. But never fisheries in qld, however twice at fingal boat ramp, tweed to check out my catch and fishing licences. At least that was in the way in.

This morning in the Pine . Couple of friendly officers , one male , one female . Had a good mag . Was quite happy to show them my 39 cm bream .
    Shawn

Cabbage Tree Pt yesterday afternoon
    Very thorough and professional without being a$$holes
    Checked every boat at the ramp, no exceptions
    (including me with no gear on board, just out for some testing)

G
    S***fish & chippy

I got pulled over by fisheries when I was 26km ENE of the Seaway not another boat in sight, after they where done with me (no problems) they went out to the 50"s. They must have pinged me on radar.

They checked me and a bunch of other boats at Mud Island yesterday.

Professional and courteous. Looked like they got one boat for esky issues. Can't be sure but they spent a long while with him.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Easter the last time but twice before this year , 1st at Thetford , second at Moore , though at Moore it was the Water Police , so they are out and about .
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day , teach a man to fish and feed him for life .