View Poll Results: When was the last time you were stopped by a Fisheries officer in QLD

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • A week ago

14 6.42%
  • A month ago

9 4.13%
  • 3 months ago

14 6.42%
  • 6 months ago

21 9.63%
  • More than 12 months

90 41.28%
  • Never

70 32.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you were stopped by a Fisheries officer in QLD?

Re: When was the last time you were stopped by a Fisheries officer in QLD?

Hmmmm 3 out of 10 in the last 6 mths ........ more than I thought, when you consider the area thats a fair effort.

BigE

They were checking Surnames on Crab Pots in the Coomera 2 days last week, cheers wayne

They have a lot of ground to cover and limited resources and they have had a lot of budget cuts since Newman is trying to pay back Queenslands huuuuggggeee debt they also target areas they know are problems

I've seen one once in the last few years.

It just happened to be the first time I'd ever strayed from my "home" port and towed my tinnie to a different area. Unbeknowns to me I was found to be drifting 50, yes, FIFTY metres into a green zone. They came racing over in their 30ft Kevlacat at 40 knots and took pics of me, then came to ask if I knew I was in said green zone. I honestly didn't and was honestly shocked when they said "here's ya free guide to green zones, and here's ya $500 fine".
    To ad insult to injury i couldn't lose a bait there if I tried. What ever happened to giving a guy a break? In hindsight I reckon he was "showing off" to the cute young female officer he had on board...... She rolled her eyes when he said I was getting the fine. I was nice as pie, and was dead-set unaware I'd strayed.

A Fkn prick is a fkn Prick I guess.

last time was in noosa 10 years ago it was early morning was hooked up to a good flathead they watched the fight saw the fish had a chat what was biteing then left havent been checked since.fish down gold coast never seen them in tally creek where they could fine heaps for speeding in the 6 knot zone or kids doing the wrong thing

The only time I have ever been stopped by fisheries was at Potts point at Macleay Island in the middle of middle winter during the week about 2008. We were catching and releasing under size Snapper. They just asked to have a look in my esky, and they could see that I had my life jackets on board. I was wearing mine too.

Cheers

Never in 10 years of regular offshore fishing. Mostly launch from Mooloolaba and Scarborough.

I used to work fri sat sun and fish midweek and thats when i was checked quite often, i asked them about it and the reply was that the govt wouldnt pay weekend rates if they could help it..

First time in five or six years was Brisbane River on a Saturday about 6 months ago, checking for life jacket stickers and offering freebies, since then the police at Nudgee boat ramp checking Boat/Trailer/Car Rego very early this year.
    Otherwise that's it.

Probably 2009 last time I was looked at. But I got looked at several times that year everywhere from Texas to Gladstone.

Yea.

around 5 yrs ago. two sheila's sitting in a rubber duckie at entrance to Rosslyn Harbour.
    Picking you at random.
    Nice people.
    But there needs to be a heck of a lot more of them doing it.

Blog Entries

I fish nearly every Saturday and Sunday and have never been approached in the passage in the last 2 years. You watch, now I will ;p

If you want your average number of checks to increase by either water police or fisheries, make W/NW Mud island a regular fishing spot. You will be one of the 1st they see as they come out of the Brisbane river mouth. I've been checked .... it averaged about once a year by either water police or fisheries but hard to remember which it was on which stop, so fisheries probably twice in the last 5 or so years.... until I got a bigger boat so it has slowed down a bit. Then about 8 months ago as I was starting to approach the south passage bar just outside the breakers on the way back in, got stopped by the police for another check.

Scalem

a few years ago i was stopped 3 times in an hour.

they could pay for there weekends overtime with one fine gee they only got to go to woodypoint or cabbage tree creek and look at all the pots in the green zones