Thread: Broken Bay Wide

Broken Bay Wide

Haven't had much of a chance to get the big boat out this season have been too busy in the 19fter up north. Anyway the weather gods look good and sea surface had some great water wide of Sydney. Hit the water at 4 and a quick stop at some traps to mess with some 30cm dollies similar to ones on found on Thursday!!Anyway there was heaps but all tiny models. Hit the shelf at 7am and did a usual trick zig zagged east. First time this year I set two of my favorite Marlin Magic Hawaiian lures on short corners. The water, got calmer, warmer and bluer the further East I got. I listen to the Port Stephens skedall morning to hear the marlin patchy but around including blues. Well that's when it happened abiut 10 the port short corner got smashed by a big fish and 600 m line just evaporated... Got a couple of great jumps before it was gone.. It's one thing to catch the smaller stripe and black versions but its been a whilesince I witnessed the sheer power of a good blue stripping line. It made my day regardless that it didn't last long!!! I was about 50miles east when I got him so are out there just fairly wide!!!

Re: Broken Bay Wide

Thanks for the post. The weather is crap up here. Haven't been out for weeks

Re: Broken Bay Wide

Exciting stuff burnsy.