Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My new truck..... Collie again.

Re: My new truck..... Collie again.

bugger. hope that is not an omen for me.........
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

One dealer told me that they cant keep up with demand, they ordered 55 for the next few months but can only get 40 , seems they cant pump enough out...

Apparently mine is in Adelaide. I know they are built in Thailand, but think they fitout or finish off down there.

The thing is, one produces a good product and becomes popular. They now can't keep up with demand and hopefully they don't " rush " the build or finish.

I suppose this lets me play in the old Collie over Easter.

Now where to. ?

Fraser...........

Roma...........

Hervey Bay..

Whykickamoocow.......

LP.. ><> ><>
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Apparently mine is in Adelaide. I know they are built in Thailand, but think they fitout or finish off down there.

The thing is, one produces a good product and becomes popular. They now can't keep up with demand and hopefully they don't " rush " the build or finish.

I suppose this lets me play in the old Collie over Easter.

Now where to. ?

Fraser...........

Roma...........

Hervey Bay..

Whykickamoocow.......

LP.. ><> ><>

I don't know Phill, Musgrave looks good and as usual looking like getting real good on Monday........
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Dear Adam,

I am writing to you on this occasion to apologise on behalf of Holden for the considerable amount of stress, frustration and additional workload that Holden has caused you through the poor implementation of our new SOM order management system.

Securing a sale of a new vehicle is already a significant achievement in today’s ultra competitive market with the degree of choice available to consumers. Achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction with that customer takes a great deal of skill and effort.

A key element in achieving both of the above is being able to reliably tell customers the most basic of information such as when the customer can expect to pick up their vehicle. In this case Holden has failed you. While the introduction of any system will never be totally seamless, our performance in successfully deploying SOM has been unacceptable against any measure.

As you may be aware we have introduced some manual work arounds and have begun communicating outlook dates for the rectification of key issues. While these measures are not perfect, hopefully you are noticing a level of improvement in the information flow on ETAs and other queries back to you and your Dealership.

Please rest assured that we have every resource in place to try to address and finalise both outstanding issues with existing individual vehicles as well as the permanent system fixes as soon as we possibly can. We will continue to keep your Dealership updated as to our progress.

In closing, I would like to personally thank you for efforts, persistence and professionalism during this exceedingly difficult time. It is something that I certainly do not take for granted.

Yours sincerely,

Mike Devereux
    Managing Director

ummm ? LP

I'm guessing you were not supposed to see that email LP

It was not sent to me in the first instance, but was passed on.

If it gets sent via the internet and is addressed to me, then I believe it has every right to be displayed / posted up.

The SOM btw, is supplied by IBM..... producers of the Qld Health Payroll system. DOH !

cheers
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 26-03-2013 at 05:36 PM.

at least you know the real reason for the hold up now.

For those that may be interested ive had my 2013 crew cab LTZ since about August 2012. It serves as my daily driver and has done just over 10500km. A lot of the driving is short trip back and forwards from work with prob 2 120-200km trips along highways etc each week. Havent done any real study on fuel usage however the trip computer which ive only reset once or twice in that time sits between 8.2 and 8.3l/100. Its a manual trans stoke standard. Hasnt done any towing and no real heavy loads.

Dan

Hey Phill, any news?
    Mine is now at the dealer getting the extras fitted. Not long now...

No news, apart from it is supposed to be delivered to me, 2nd week in April.

That would be this week ?

No phone call, text message, email, letter, fax or telegram....yet !

LP

Good Luck Phill, im still waiting for a trade in value on the Patrol on a Landy 70 Wagon from 2 weeks ago, this dealer said they where laid back but i think they are comatose, might start looking out west a bit..im chasing them to buy a car, starting to go cold
    Tangles KFC

I hear ya Mike.

As I suggested, it might be much more " economic " to head west.

Black Toyota are in a lot of towns, but you shouldn't have to go any further than Toowoomba. Maybe Dalby ?

I have my ally canopy built, all lighting is here ready, bullbar sitting in workshop waiting.... etc etc... all I need is a vehicle.

cheers Phill

Phill what colour did you go with?

Nitrate. silver

lp