Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My new truck..... Collie again.

Re: My new truck..... Collie again.

Have you got it yet Phill? I am still waiting for my 2013 dual cab to arrive. Hopefully next 2 weeks. Where are you scourcing your tray from? i was planning on a Duratray from up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Well Bill, it should go better than my current Collie with 20 more KW and more torque and a 3.5 tow capacity.

There is a trick to makinm go better..... drop tyre/ wheel size to 15".
    g the This puts the speedometer out, but that can be compensated with reading speed from GPS. Off the line it goes really well and also through the gears. I currently have 15" wheels on ( 225 x 75 x 15 ) and rarely use first gear to take off. It seems to add torque, if you know what I mean. Even on the highway, it doesn't bother me as the 5th gear is tall.

LP
    Just out of curiosity Phill , how does that affect your insurance?
    Shawn

Jeffo, truck should be here 3rd week in March.

I sourced a tray 2nd hand, from an AF member .

Shawn................ no idea.

I think I know what you mean though... not to manufacturers specs. ?

As always though, I list and notify my ins company of any and all options & extras I add to my vehicles. It will be in writing, so should not be an issue, I hope.

Cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Well Bill, it should go better than my current Collie with 20 more KW and more torque and a 3.5 tow capacity.

There is a trick to making them go better..... drop tyre/ wheel size to 15". This puts the speedometer out, but that can be compensated with reading speed from GPS. Off the line it goes really well and also through the gears. I currently have 15" wheels on ( 225 x 75 x 15 ) and rarely use first gear to take off. It seems to add torque, if you know what I mean. Even on the highway, it doesn't bother me as the 5th gear is tall.

LP
    With my Rodeo and BT50, the tyre company told me if you fit a different size tyre to what is on the tyre size placard on the door, it would void the insurance. Being the vehicle is a company registered one. Might pay to ring your insurance company before spending up big to confirm it.

You can increase diameter by 15mm drop by 25mm the RG colorado has larger diameter tires than that of the old model so be careful as even if you inform the insurance company that you changed the size if it is not roadworthy are you saying that and if not the assessors will pick it up if any thing does happen touch on wood. just be careful. the new autos would be my pick they have grown on me seeing them every day helps

Yep, I believe the 15's won't fit now.

Not confirmed but, the new model collies have larger diameter brakes ( callipers ) to make up for the increased tow capacity of 3.5ton.

Therefore I may have to stick to 16" wheels.

Might have to see if anyone makes a 235 x 60 x 16 HT or similar.

LP

Therefore I may have to stick to 16" wheels.

Might have to see if anyone makes a 235 x 60 x 16 HT or similar.

LP
    You could also try fitting lower profile tyres to it if you can't fir 15" rims on it Phill.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

That's what the 235 x 60's would be.

Standards would be 235 x 75's or maybe 215 x 75's ?

I can't find specs online and in fact Holden are very light on, with over all specs on this model.

The current 75's I have now give a great smooth ride with plenty of " give " in the sidewalls due to the 75% style. The lower the profile the harder the ride = less sidewall.

I would like to drop the drive ratio by about 8%. This gives a near perfect gearing for towing and offroad driving.

LP

Try this for calculating gear ratios , land rover specific but you can just choose the option "other " from the drop down menu and enter the ratios yourself .
    http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co...atio_calc.html

George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

That's what the 235 x 60's would be.

Standards would be 235 x 75's or maybe 215 x 75's ?

I can't find specs online and in fact Holden are very light on, with over all specs on this model.

The current 75's I have now give a great smooth ride with plenty of " give " in the sidewalls due to the 75% style. The lower the profile the harder the ride = less sidewall.

I would like to drop the drive ratio by about 8%. This gives a near perfect gearing for towing and offroad driving.

LP
    Ok then, I didn't realise what size the standard rim size is.

I did take a 2008 rodeo for a test drive before I got my patrol, and I found the rodeo to be the highest ratio of all the 4X4's that I tested before settling on the petrol.
    Cheers, Doug.

No worries Doug... it all gets a bit complicated sometimes.

I will really have to check out the gearbox ratios etc as compared to the 2009 model to attempt to get something similar. But maybe with the improved Nm and Kw, the 16's will be fine ????

As a side note.

Today:-

573k's in 5hrs and 55 minutes ( Gladstone to home ) stopped for pee pee, fuel and drinkie, road works etc. 10.23ltrs / 100 fuel in Gladstone same price as Brisvegas, but a works burger at a servo was $10.95 and accom was $275 / night ( townhouse )... I hate the " Resource Boom ".

LP

Hi Phill, that's good going for fuel, because I guess your ute would have been loaded up too, or at least have some load in it. After I had got the 3" exhaust fitted to my 3.0 litre patrol I did a run from Muswellbrook back to Inverell and then filled it again and worked out that it did the trip on 9.3 ltr pre 100 klms. That was without a load and only myself in it.
    Cheers, Doug.

hero_banner_intro.jpgLTZ with 17 in as std
    mid april i get my hands on one too but its the crew cab with all the bells and whistles...but in white.

Phill you wont start to get really good fuel till you get up around 3000-3500km mark.

I will be getting one of the Colorado 7's in mid - late April also. Can't wait.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

bloody dealer just called me...

delivery date pushed back 3 weeks. now Mid April. aarrgghhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!