Thread: 2011 Catalina Reels

2011 Catalina Reels

Gday guys,

http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/cat11.html

Ive always wanted to own a saltiga but after reading this review, I think the new catalina is the way to go. Does anyone own one and what do you think of them? The largest size is a 5000 at the moment which has 15kg drag and weighs under 600g. The 6500 size will be released sometime at the end of this year I think. The 5000 is my pick and will be perfect for jigging. Any feedback greatly appreciated

Re: 2011 Catalina Reels

They definitely seem better value than the saltiga but if you go to the list section I reckon it is hard to go past the penn torque. It's not only rated better it will be cheaper to service and maintain with arguably less chance of breakdown as well due to fewer parts. If you could get your hands on a 2008 model Stella before they are all gone that is the best option right now but that window is closing fast as the new model filters through to the market with it's huge price tag.

Re: 2011 Catalina Reels

The Penn Torque sure does sound good but still leaning towards the catalina at the moment. Have a stella 20k but wouldnt mind another 8k