Thread: Fraser coast and beyond Holiday Hervey bay

Fraser coast and beyond Holiday Hervey bay

Well what a great place this area is used to visit alot when I was a kid with my grandparents and took my wife and kids up there for 4 days place has changed so much. Went out for a fish with Kenny on Hervey bay fishing charters on a day trip and It was an awsome day out. Beautiful part of the world this place is and I enjoyed every minute of it and have dicided to take another step and buy property up there in the next 6-12 months headed alonf fraser island out through Breaksea over the bar and out to the reefs off the tip of fraser was a pretty hard trip out and the swell was up but as we went wider and as the morning went on the conditions eased. Got a great mixed bag of fish I caught my first red which went 54cm ( just my bloody luck lol) a morwong, mauri cod, and some nice parrot. The Parrot were on the chewing well as they were the bulk of the catch and a few of the boys caught some very good size ones up and over 50cm my best was 48cm. It was aqn awsome day out on Kenny's boat and if anyone was looking for a great charter I will highly recommend him the day cost me $250.00 I had lunch and drinks supplied and my catch cleaned and gutted was a 2.5 hour trip out and back but was worth every minute one thing that I found was the public Ramp up there does not have facilities to clean fish (Ramp it up please look into this as I found it very odd and had to go half way along the jetty up there to scale and finish cleaning the fish) met a young kid at the ramp who had just got out of hospital after another bought of Cancer treatment. he was fishing off the jetty with his dad and his uncle and was really admiring out catch he was working the tap for me helping me wash all the scales off the fish we had caught so for his labour me and the guy who was out on the charter with me gave him and his dad a good size parrot fish for the little blokes trouble helping us. he thought all his christmases come at once and his dad was very thankful. Great part of the world this place and I loved every minute up there. I went up to Scarby to fillet my catch but forgot my bloody I phone to get some pics so here are some of the fillets. Love the outer reef fishing had a ball.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0473[1].jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	88936   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0474[1].jpg 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	88937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0464[1].jpg 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	88938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0465[1].jpg 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	88939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0466[1].jpg 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	88940  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0467[1].jpg 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	88941  
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Re: Fraser coast and beyond Holiday Hervey bay

Good on you Fisho, sounds like a cool trip! Did you try the restaurant called Coast a few doors down from Australis? Been there a couple of times and loved it! Very suprising to find a really fine eating establishment in sleepy Hervey Bay! You'd have to be tempted to take your rig up there now?
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    Good on you Fisho, sounds like a cool trip! Did you try the restaurant called Coast a few doors down from Australis? Been there a couple of times and loved it! Very suprising to find a really fine eating establishment in sleepy Hervey Bay! You'd have to be tempted to take your rig up there now?
    Yeah I saw that place Fishard but I tried the Pizza shop 2 doors down went up to the rsl where I joined up and had the indian from downstairs which was a great feed for the money had brekky at a few of the places along the esplanade to kids loved the beach just over the road to can'ty wait to get up there gain bit of a trip out to the reefs though might need to take a few jerry cans with me as I do not think 220ltrs will be enough where we went.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

I proposed to my partner along the beach near the big jetty. Love Hervey Bay. I need to get up there and wet a line though. I usually take the family and go whale watching. Might be high time I got up there for some fishing