Thread: Coleman Hot water on demand

Coleman Hot water on demand

Hi Everyone,

Anyone got a Coleman hot water on demand and would like to give a review on it as I am looking at getting one and any tips on some other water systems that are being used

thanks Dave
    I am not an Angler I am an Athlete of the sea.............<><

Re: Coleman Hot water on demand

Hi Dave I have one,have had it 4 2 years now.very good hot water system really happy with it.Only issue is water gets very hot so be careful and you cant regulate the water flow once its on.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Thanks Mega A Bite

how long does the on board battery last on a full charge

I take it camping,and have used it for 4 days for showers.Sill worked well.You get a 12v car charger cable with it thats helpful if you need to charge it up.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Hey Dave, I saw they had them at Great escape camping with the carry bag, shower adaptor and gas hose for either a 9kg or a 4.5kg bottle for $329.00.
    Iain

the baker / mega bite the trick with them is you need better water flow than the pump that comes with the unit. The reason for this is you can then use the full scale of the heat settings without burning yourself. I did a trial at home on the mains pressure with a ball valve to restrict flow and the system worked like a normal shower with the heat settings. I haven't used mine camping for a while but I used it at home on mains when the hot water system ran out of hot water once. I was going to get one of them 12v pressure pumps eventually for mine. All in all they are a good unit though.

I've had one for close to 12 months now and it has been fantastic. We take it out on the boat and I hook it up to the fresh water pump and it works a treat. As Meg-a-bite said, you do have to careful with the heat control but it's usually no drama. Nothing beats being able to have a fresh shower when you're on the water for a couple of days.

As far as the battery life is concerned, I usually leave it on charge overnight prior to taking it out and have never had any issues. Never needed to use the 12v lead as yet. We are still on the original gas bottle too which is great.

I haven't used any of the competing brands/units but I can say the Coleman version is fantastic from my experience.

Cheers,

Rhino

Brilliant - had one since they were first released.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Hi
    I invested 299.00 for one with carry bag, shower fitting and gas line. Money well spent if you ask me. Hubby thinks its brilliant.
    As we got vouchers for chrissy as well we put a little money towards a double shower tent as well. Absolutely brilliant set up now. Shower in one side, dress in the other.

If you look around you can still get the package for 299.00.

Mrs H

Once 240 charge is gone need to drive around with it everyday good unit thow have one for washing and showering had them since first came out and still goin three to four days average off 240 charge with 2 adults and 4 kids showering also forget the bag we use one of our 60 litre containers we carry camp gear in and put the pump in maybe some days minus one adult showering haha

thanks for the info everyone

when does the battery run out? when SWMBO justs gets the conditioner in her hair in winter

when does the gas run out? when SWMBO just gets the shampoo in her hair in the middle of winter

when does the smallest blockage in water flow (minute debris in input filter or drop in voltage) turn off the gas for safety reasons ? yes you are getting the picture now haha

I use a 4.3lt/min 12volt pressure pump run off car battery, a 9kg gas bottle and charge up the units 12volt internal battery every day

also i gave up on the unit and bought a evilbay gas hot water system years ago at 1/2 the price and have never looked back

am sure I have posted about this before on here to

anyone want a cheap Colman? hardly used

I had the first gen and it was terrible then they replaced it with the second gen and it was a little better

ok for a quick over nighter though

cheers Murf

http://www.blackdiamondsupplies.com.au/store.html

Try that link. Seems to be a good product, and price
    David

Quote Originally Posted by dnej View Post
    http://www.blackdiamondsupplies.com.au/store.html

Try that link. Seems to be a good product, and price
    David
    Yep David that's the units I use now

Cheers Murf