Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake samsonvale Bass

Lake samsonvale Bass

Had a couple of great sessions out there at the end of last week with fish nearly every cast. Lots of mid 40's fish and a fair few 50+ ones also, Biggest 54. Still plenty of fish in there. Ben
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	838.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	88878  

Re: Lake samsonvale Bass

man hes a fat dude id love to know how big some bass are in that system as i seen some cracker bass like that come from there 15+ years ago .

Some great bass there Ben.

Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Top stuff Ben. Can you take a kayak in there or is it all land based?

Yeah makes you wonder finally there. Landbased northy unless you get a permit from prmfa and then you can go in a particular area only. Ben

Nice bass mate, good to see Samsonvale producing some good ones again. Been a while since I've tossed a lure in there.
    So shines a good deed in a weary world
    - William S Shakespeare and William S Wonka_

Thanks LGM, Havent seen you on here in a long time! First time i've ever given it a decent crack myself and got very lucky it would seem. Ben

Well Done Blooey,

Was out there Saturday Near Lunch Time and Could not Raise A Scale, Ended Up Below the Dam Wall for one Very Skinny bass about 39-40cm ,

Seems As tho you found them In Some nice Deep water With in Casting Distance Of the Bank

Cheers

Josh

Did you take any pics of the over 50cm bass and the 54cm one, be nice to see.

Dino

Sorry dino! No bragmat, no lipgrips and no pliers. I was grabbing the bottom lip with the thumb and dehooking them with my car keys when my fingers were in jeopardy! Measured the biggest ones against my rod and took the measurement of the largest one later. Twas a crazy session that first one. Ben

Well done. A lot of the bigger fish head with the flow in the hope of escape and thats why we lose them when they let the water out. Been a few good ones back up the top end of the dam also.
    Dino

Nice Blooey. I`ll have to dig out some pics of myself and finally there`s sessions a few years ago. 5o-55 on most cast`s. went back the next day for a repeat performance.

ps. sorry for bombing on ya thread buddy
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image003.jpg 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	93137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49.jpg 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	93138  

Bomb away fishguts.Cracking bass , Sessions like that are few and far between so you have to make hay while the sun is shining! Ben

yea fish-gutz must say that spot was a cracker. they were the best bass days ive ever had if i can remember we only got one under 50 the one on me wall went 55cm to the fork and 57 to the tip and i know we caught bigger ones than that.

was some good sessions ,awesome fun , they pulled like trains. I think it fired for a couple of weeks before they moved on. it was when the dam was pretty empty so maybe it concentrated them into the area a bit more. found a few more pics , one with ruler was a 54cm and the other a 52. can`t find the other pics of you holding them up Bob.

Name:	54.jpg 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	93309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52 a.jpg 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	93310