Thread: Wivanhoe has turned the tap off

Wivanhoe has turned the tap off

The gates have been shut or almost shut last night. The river is almost back to normal height here at Lowood. But I gotta tell you................... the smell is atrocious!

O'Reillys Weir might flow the right way now. I looked last week and the river was actually pushing back up Lockyer Creek. The weir was a mere ripple under the flow.

I think it will take a few weeks for the river to settle. Its like gravy at the moment.

It will be interesting to see where all the tilapia that inhabited the river at the bends at Lowood end up...... Maybe around Peel Island...

Cheers

Aussie

Re: Wivanhoe has turned the tap off

Newman should have something to answer for what he has done bellow the wall at the pine dam they has stuffed it and filled the holes up and the water flow has erroded a lot away they real opened the gates there a mate was they yesterday haveing a look.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Newman should have something to answer for what he has done bellow the wall at the pine dam they has stuffed it and filled the holes up and the water flow has erroded a lot away they real opened the gates there a mate was they yesterday haveing a look.
    ummmm what?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I reckon a fair few of those tilapia will end up as Bully,Threaddy and jew poo. Ben

Take a peg for ya nose at Youngs Crossing the water is putrid from dead bony bream looks like a great number went over the wall. Couple of hundred pelicans having a good feed on the dieing ones.
    Wonder how many lungies went over and if they did a rescue.
    Cheers
    Ray

G'day Ray,

Yes it is a bit on the nose. it would be interesting to see if they have but would not be too suprised if they have not.

Cheers, Bondy

Blog Entries

Water released = more big bass in the upper reaches hopefully , cant wait for the water to clear up a little & go hassle the local bass again .Been itching to improve my P.B OF 54CM after the 2011 flood .

Has anybody fished Somerset since they opened it on Tuesday? I'm going up there Sunday and hoping Bass and Yellowbelly will be on the bite