Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yeppoon-When a plan comes together

Re: Yeppoon-When a plan comes together

Tides are wrong moons off too much to one side and they are all spawning u better stay home buddy
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Haha I know mate.. I better just check though.. Just to be sure

C c c c c c c c c c c c

Geez you're a sh!t-stirrer Aus

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicano View Post
    Geez you're a sh!t-stirrer Aus
    Just pointing out the obvious, and stating points others are too afraid to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by aus2045 View Post
    If I could increase my income by $50k a year, watch my catch go through the roof.
    It would mean a good seaworthy boat, with a fish-finder (I don't have one ATM), it would mean a electric motor, and as a lure fisherman I believe it's almost essential.

It would also get me a 4x4 vehicle, which would get me into the best spots.

I think I'm a bloody good fisherman, but my low income prevents me from getting to the best spots, finding the fish and making the most of it.

If I worked in the mines I'd be catching heaps.
    if your that keen to do it why don't you just go and do it instead of complaining to everyone about it and if not just stop wingeing about it

C c c c c c c c c c c c c

Because I can't get there. I'm not a miner so no 4x4. So I can't launch where these 'gurus' go. So I have to launch 30kms away and travel in a 30yo 12" tinny rig. I have no Sounder, so I can't find the bait, which means I can't find the fish. So I just have to guess and wing-it. Results so far from ,winging-it; Nil.
    you cant afford a sounder?

I'm saving. I've put away $72 over the past few months.

what's your budget on a boat?

MAte get out and get a job in the mines if it's such a worry . Geez i wasnt in the mines when i grew up on the coast my first boat was a seafarer half cabin and not having all the gear as u say will get u the fish and u don t need a 4x4 to get to these places that we go to . Fistroy is the fistroy how many ramps are there. If u can t get to Broadmount have u got a statesman i put in there in a commodore just take ur time plenty structure don t worry about a GPS ........ ... And ur more then welcome to fish beside me if u can follow me no probs.
    ME thinks that lots of people are putting a word out to help u and throwing how much they earn at them won t get u far . People have bills and kids and families .
    Go Get A Job at the mines if u can And Good Luck
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

C c c c c c c c c

C c c c c c c c c c c

I have not had a boat since 1997. I've recently bought a 30yr old 12" Brooker, I've saved for it. It took 16 yrs to get there, but I got there on min wages. I went without, I had no hot water for 2 years and I rode a push bike to work every day for 3 yrs. I lived on tins of Baked Beans, Why because I wanted to go fishing and catch a fish or two. Not catching any fish but I'm on the water. Job half done. Giving it a red hot go.
    that's no good have you tried getting in the mines as a mine truck driver?

C c c c c c c c c c c c