Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yeppoon-When a plan comes together

Re: Yeppoon-When a plan comes together

some great fish there very well done. i have not done a great deal of reef fishing myself but what do you class as the fern country i take it is a sea grass or sea weed can you explain it please

What day was that Boony? We ran wide east on Saturday with a northerly swell. Wind came up by about 11am so we can home into a southwester all the way back to Barren. Could only run at about 25 kph. Clean blue water started at 55 km east.

Cheers
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    What day was that Boony? We ran wide east on Saturday with a northerly swell. Wind came up by about 11am so we can home into a southwester all the way back to Barren. Could only run at about 25 kph. Clean blue water started at 55 km east.

Cheers
    Craig
    I was out there Wednesday the 30th of January. Was perfect all day and only copped a bit of chop in the bay.

As for the fern country.... I'm no expert and someone might be able to help me out but all it is is soft fern weed I guess. Dead giveaway that your fishing it is that you can feel your rig drag through it. It does look different on the bottom compared to a hard coral bottom as well on the sounder. Sometimes it can look like there isn't much there depending on what stage of the tide because the tide does push it over and when the tide change happens it may stand up a couple of meters or a meter off the bottom. That's about all I got

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Nice nanny boony well done.

steve

Thankyou that does explain what it is.good luck for rest of 2013

Great post Booney. I like the gangs you are making up. Those flys look pretty good too. Is that just a bit of silicon with some lumo fly material? I haven't seen that new style yet. It looks like it won't tangle as much
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Not sure about what the flys are made out of mate as I normally just get them from pe tackle then gang them up myself. Prob better off asking Sean (vertico) hope this helps

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeBoony View Post
    Not sure about what the flys are made out of mate as I normally just get them from pe tackle then gang them up myself. Prob better off asking Sean (vertico) hope this helps

Cheers from boony
    Yea, I checked out the PE tackle site but couldn't see the ones the same as you were using. I will check with Sean
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Another top report and pics Boony. Congratulations on the PB and a rippa day out

Quote Originally Posted by Bull 1 View Post
    Another top report and pics Boony. Congratulations on the PB and a rippa day out
    Cheers bull, when u coming back up this way?

Awesome report mate and some great fish there well done

Nice report mate, nice photos and Nani!

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Nice feed there mate, i'm extremely impressed with those rigs. Well done.

Miners always seem to catch the best fish.

What the f**k does being a miner have to do with catching fish??