Thread: Talica 10 12 or 16

Talica 10 12 or 16

Hi All

Having a ball up here on the reds at the moment and am in the process of upgrading a few overheads. I have decided on a Shomano Talica two speed as it will be useful for bottom bashing in summer and then high speed jigging for spanos and GT in winter.

I am still decide on size and was after some advice. I will be bottom bashing max 220 feet (mostly using 80lb braid) but would be happy to sacrific line capacity for weight as I fish with my rod in my hands alld ay.

I am leaning towards the 12. I am thinking the 16 maybe too large however if it is the same size as a Torium 16 that would be ideal (havent seen a 16 Talica)

Cheers

Re: Talica 10 12 or 16

Yeh go the 12... has twice the drag of the 10... I prefer the 10 for bottom bashing all day but the 12 would be good to stop some big fish.. I have the 10 and 12
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Hey Dan how you been mate? Long time no hear. Sounds like your still braining them!!

Good to here from you as well mate. Yeah still fishing as much as I can tho am deputy principal at the moment so time is precious... Finally got a bigger boat so fishing a lot wider these days and learning a thing or two.
    Just got back from Vanuatu mate was epic fishing, massive trout (over 30kg) and huge dogtooth! I thought GT pulled hard but I have never felt anything like a dogtooth. I got on the boat and the other guys were putting on full jigging harnesses and I thought to myself what a bunch of girls ..... after losing the 3 doggies after they broke 120lb twisted leader 100lb braid ect I finally got the idea. Like trying to stop a bus even on the PE 10 rods and Stellas they were virtually unstoppable!

Still trying to move up your way soon

30 kilos!! put some pics up please!! Sounds awesome mate. Did you get any good doggies or did they all nail you?

I `d go the 12. Low gear on the 10 is too high., and the 12 has twice the drag.