Thread: Tackle shops

Tackle shops

Does anyone know of any tackle shops in the south Brissie area other than bcf ?

Re: Tackle shops

The closest I can think of is Tackle Warehouse at Camp Hill or Mossops at Woolloongabba although I don't know how well stocked they are.
    Angry

tackle warehouse at camp hill is the only place i go now and BCF is 50mtrs from my work. i got sick of BCF never having the stock on simple things like hooks and the better selling soft plastics even in the new cleveland store

Mossops at the gabba has now shut down, they've still got their other store as far i'm aware but that gabba store has been going downhill (stockwise) for ages. My vote goes to Tackle Warehouse...I'd go there out of any store I can think of, fantastic range.

Sadly there are none left Makita. Used to have Captain Blighs and Mossops at Woodridge years ago. Tackle warehouse as stated is good, also found a small shop at oxenford that is getting better as time goes on (Tucked in behind the pet store). Ben

Blooey, you need to tell me more about the store at Oxenford... I drive past there every day.
    I also drive past Tackle Warehouse most days too.
    I've got to be the Tackle Warehouse's biggest fan. Seems because I'm a regular, I typically get a small discount. For me, it put's their prices either inline with, or better than, BCF.
    That said, I also drive past BCF at Loganholme every work day, and the BCF in Greenslopes most days too. Sounds like an odd drive, but I live in Holland Park, kid at school at Coorparoo (few hundred metres from tackle Warehouse!!!) and work at Southport.....
    Anyway, I would gladly pay higher prices, if I had too, to shop at Tackle Warehouse simply for the range, support and service. Supporting a local business is a bonus...
    Did I mention that I like Tackle Warehouse?

Cheers!

bcf use to be cheaper than tackle warehouse....not anymore now they have knocked out all the small shops...thier prices are higher than the warehouse on a lot of things now...pays to shop around.
    Paul

That's just the way big chains go, same as Bunnings, Woolworths, Coles etc, run the small independant out of business, or buy them out, and put up the prices, it's just business. Good business?? yes, good for us??? NO!

Charletons at Redbank, independant & a great range with plenty of good advice.

Cheers Andrew

Mossops have shop in cleveland as well, used to be budds bait and tackle. Victoria point also has a bait and tackle shop.

Regards
    HOnda.

I have only dropped into the Oxenford shop on two occassions but was impressed by the range and service. The Tackle Whorehouse is now my first stop for gear. The staff have improved over the years and seem to have lost the 'tude that turned a lot of people away. Charltons and Carseldine are well run stores
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I have only dropped into the Oxenford shop on two occassions but was impressed by the range and service. The Tackle Whorehouse is now my first stop for gear. The staff have improved over the years and seem to have lost the 'tude that turned a lot of people away. Charltons and Carseldine are well run stores
    yes i know that 'tude, i thought it was still there to be honest. always had a softspot for Charltons.

Do any of the mentioned do repair work to rods ?

I do , as well as a few of the other guys here,
    pm me if you want to chat