Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neurum Creek Bush Retreat - propaganda puts people at risk.

Re: Neurum Creek Bush Retreat - propaganda puts people at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Similar case with the sunshine coast this weekend, the usual road carnage of people wanting to head north friday afternoon to get to the coast? Why? Does torrential rain out of a unit window look better than torrential rain out of your own window? Particularly if that unit is full of whinging kids and cranky wife! - At least at home you can kick the dog!

Just write it off, stay at home and bunker down. The money is gone anyway, why be miserable as well?
    Guess it comes down to the type of person you are, headed to the sunshine coast on Friday afternoon knowing it would pissing down all W/E ....we still had a great time....

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Guess it comes down to the type of person you are, headed to the sunshine coast on Friday afternoon knowing it would pissing down all W/E ....we still had a great time....
    Yep yep I love the challenge of camping in the tropical lows it sure beets watching Home and Away on the IDIOT box

cheers Murf

I suggest an email to the tourism minister over one of it's venues (even though they are a private group that is still in the qld tourism circuit) is blatantly leading potential customers into danger and doing it without any other regard to anything but the money that ends in thier pockets. Surely this place must conform to some form of licencing?? Would it not be a shame if that licence was revoked?
    I would also send one to Campbell Newman's office with a label of public endangerment.

From what I have read here there is also several legal issues that need attendances paid.
    Jack.

Well NCBR have offered a weekend credit with a few conditions to those rained out on the Aus day weekend. This appeases those who were concerned about the financial loss of the whole rain thing but does nothing to address the other issues I highlighted in my posts.

I would really like to see some of this addressed by the owners as I think this is a great campground but was disappointing to see their attitude toward public safety. I.e: better advise re the causeway and its probability of flooding, an early warning system to give patrons an opportunity to get out without driving through fast flowing / deep water, better advise to people calling per-arrival with genuine concerns about the weather, possibly a non refundable deposit system of 50% if they are concerned about phantom bookings rather than locking everyone into full fees.

Hopefully they can learn some valuable lessons from this mess. Customer service and safety should be paramount to a business like this as word of mouth is a valuable asset and will earn you a fortune or cripple you depending on which choices you make.

We were camping at Archer camp site Mt Mee ( a few km past NCBR )on Aus Day weekend. Police came around 7pm Friday and saw we were all well past driving and advised that even though we were well set up they were expecting 400mm of rain and we should get up early, pack up and leave on Saturday morning. We took their advice and between waking @ 600am and leaving at 800am the river had risen a foot. By the time we got back to Woodford, National Parks rang the mobile to tell us they were closing the park. Seems to be the opposite of what NCBR were advising. We have camped there many times before and have learnt not to go near the office when the office "lady" with short blonde bob hair style is there as she can be very rude. Everyone else has always been very helpful.