Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Share farmers with a lousy sense of humour

Re: Share farmers with a lousy sense of humour

Wanted to share something but no proof.
    Last edited by shayned; 09-02-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: no proof

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Ok - I am prepared to keep a register for the Sunshine Coast area, that is from Burpengary to Tewantin, what I will need is a PM of your name, date and how many pots set, general location where pots were set and what occurred ie, stolen, slashed, raided (must have good indications that a raid occurred) and your email address. If I get enough responses I will send the data to fisheries with copies to local MP's but you must be prepared to be contacted by them and provide further information if requested.

I will respond to each Ausfisher with the tally to date when a response is lodged and also updates as time goes on.

Hopefully we can get some of those funds we provide through registrations etc spent in the policing of our waterways.
    The biggest problem with most things like this is they are politically driven/addressed. Fisheries and Water Police are limited onfunds and resources. So if one person complains about crabs or pots being stolen there is little that will be done about it. Think of itlike this, The vote counters look at stuff like this and look at how many votes would be gained and how much it would cost. One person complains, one vote, thousands of dollars. Just isn't going to happen.

So, the more that complain the better. Thin is people start to get use to it happening, think that nothing will happen, etc, etc and don't bother reporting it. Fisheries guys can only justify an operation based on exact numbers, not, there is a lot of crabs being taken. So the more data you can get the better.

I would suggest you put a post up in the Saltwater section outlining what you need, make sure that people know to only post in that thread the exact details of pots, crabs, etc being taken. They can comment of the actual practice in this thread. You would need to outline exactly what you want posted, like in a template style. This would keep all the data in one place.

Try and gather as much video evidence as you can, i doubt hear say is considered as evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Mr Admin, any idea why I cannot access this link?

Regards,

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    So, the more that complain the better. Thin is people start to get use to it happening, think that nothing will happen, etc, etc and don't bother reporting it. Fisheries guys can only justify an operation based on exact numbers, not, there is a lot of crabs being taken. So the more data you can get the better.

I would suggest you put a post up in the Saltwater section outlining what you need, make sure that people know to only post in that thread the exact details of pots, crabs, etc being taken. They can comment of the actual practice in this thread. You would need to outline exactly what you want posted, like in a template style. This would keep all the data in one place.

Try and gather as much video evidence as you can, i doubt hear say is considered as evidence.
    Steve, I can repost on Saltwater, my initial thought was that maybe forum members did not want to make public where they crabbed and their personal details such as name and email addresses etc. At the moment I am flat chat but was prepared to consolidate the information and maintain a level of confidentiality on behalf of the members. As for a template is there a way to use the voting buttons or something similar to make it easier as I haven't investigated tgis side of things..

Maybe you could ask for a certain amount to be posted and the additional details, as in exact location, be sent via PM.

Ther is a lot of fisheries, police, etc that view this info on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_H View Post
    Mr Admin, any idea why I cannot access this link?

Regards,

Dave.
    It is in the Premium members area.

A while back I was fueling up my vehicle & boat at one of the local servos.
    I had some pots on the boat baited ready to go.

A bloke at a nearby bowser started chatting to me & said he recently went out with one of his mates crabbing in a local estuary.
    They put in 4 pots each.
    They fished for a while in the area and went back to check on their pots.

He claims that they watched a local pro fisho steal 4 of their pots + crabs & throw the other pots into the mangroves after emptying them.
    It was decided at the time to follow the thief to find out where he lived.

This was done & they decided to do a mission of revenge while the thief was out at the pub one night.

The guy claimed him & his mate both had cordless drills & drilled about 600 holes in the hull of the pot thief's tinny.

There was no mention of this ever happening in the local papers crime report so I don't know if this story is true or not.

True or not... it's an example of what I've always believed. A. holes always eventually end up p ing off the wrong person.

Karma is a..,,

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post

Steve, done http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...eving-register can this be made a Sticky???