Thread: Few recent trips

Few recent trips

Hey guys Shane here
    Im new to this site and this is my first report so here it goes.
    Being having a bit of free time coz of uni holidays so being doing a bit of fishing when im not working. I bought a bigger boat couple months ago so taking mates out and trying to get them hooked on to offshore fishing.

Being doing few river session for jacks and offshore for pelagics and reefies.
    I think im the only one in Brisbane who hasnt landed marlin in the boat. I have leadered a couple in though.
    I have hooked countless but i tend to loose them either on jump or boat side trying to land them. On a few instance i nearly went in the water trying to grab the bill.
    This was my first time chasing them hopefully be prepared next season.

Il post a few photos i have of couple of trips on the computer.

Shane
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit 1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	88549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sgsgsgsd.jpg 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	88550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3263.jpg 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	88558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_17621.jpg 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	88557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1132_4240455858420_1136392354_n.jpg 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	88556  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kj[k]p.jpg 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	88555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1695.jpg 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	88554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1693.jpg 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	88553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1685.jpg 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	88552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1680.jpg 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	88551  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7310.jpg 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	88560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8758.jpg 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	88559  

Nice work, some good fish there.

Re: Few recent trips

Some great catches there mate

some good fish there shano,think we need to hit the spotties in the next week or so...i recon on the shingles infront of the bar will see us get a few..was going to troll through there this weekend but i think the weather might be a bit iffy.lol.alot of bait through there last weekend
    cheers rosco

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    some good fish there shano,think we need to hit the spotties in the next week or so...i recon on the shingles infront of the bar will see us get a few..was going to troll through there this weekend but i think the weather might be a bit iffy.lol.alot of bait through there last weekend
    cheers rosco
    Yeah mate im keen to get on more close to home rather than having to drive GC. That sess sunday was nuts. We had to stop fishing coz no place in esky for fish.

I went back out wenesday morning we got 4 but the baits scattered. We were blind casting. Mates came back later in later and they bagged out. He said they were going nuts. No birds though.

Hopefully this rain fires them up and pushes them in bay. If only we cam have a cracker session like last year.

Weather sucks this weekend. Glad im working. Might go drop my pots in river for crabs.

Shane

should be ok for muddies mate but with the release fom the dams might push the crabs out into the bay quick

Shane you have been doing alright mate and I am sure your buddies have enjoyed your new purchase.

Welcome to the forum.

The hoo is a nice chew.

I think you have a spaniard next to the cobe in pic 11 - that is one skinny spaniard.

Anyway thanks for posting - keep doing it - your welcome.
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Shane you have been doing alright mate and I am sure your buddies have enjoyed your new purchase.

Welcome to the forum.

The hoo is a nice chew.

I think you have a spaniard next to the cobe in pic 11 - that is one skinny spaniard.

Anyway thanks for posting - keep doing it - your welcome.
    Thanks mate.

Thats a hoo in that photo with cobia. I got him on wenesday.
    I havnt landed spaniard yet but hopefully soon.

Next few trips im planning sitting on anchor off straddie and floating baits under ballons for
    them.We did fairly well like that last year.

Yeah mates are happy with bigger boat. No more getting wet. I used to fish offshore alot before with my 465 abalone CC but it started getting too dangerous.
    New one i can venture out future and chase diff species of fish.

Shane

Welcome to Ausfish Shane. You are fishing in some of my favourite spots which I really miss fishing since moving to Noosa. Although I travel less to get a feed these days I really miss fishing off Nth Straddie and Cape Moreton. Some great sport fishing to be had there on the light gear. Enjoy and stay safe. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinch View Post
    Welcome to Ausfish Shane. You are fishing in some of my favourite spots which I really miss fishing since moving to Noosa. Although I travel less to get a feed these days I really miss fishing off Nth Straddie and Cape Moreton. Some great sport fishing to be had there on the light gear. Enjoy and stay safe. Dave
    Cheers mate
    Fishing of north straddie has to be my favourite place too. I dont go up the cape. I only being once in my mates boat. I dont know way there or any spots off it.
    Prefer crossing south passage and fishing off it. Heaps of good spots around there.

Nice jew on your dp. I saw the video of you guys catching them. I spoke to Tim and he said its same spot you guys got yours. I found that spot drifting around one day.I didnt know what they were at first either
    We have got a few from that spot but nothing as big as yours. Lost heaps off big ones. Its hit and miss spot but i love fishing it.
    Shane
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1361.jpg 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	88620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1534.jpg 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	88621  

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site mate, seems you will be a good source of info and tips by the look of it

Nice work Shane,great looking fish you have caught, what type of rig have you got looks fair size boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spot View Post
    Nice work Shane,great looking fish you have caught, what type of rig have you got looks fair size boat.
    Cheers mate.
    Its a 5.8 custom plate half cab with 140hp suzuki

I really wanted a plate center cab but couldnt find one for right price.

Next boat would be a centercab. It Will suit the style of fishing we do.

Shane

Some nice fish there Shane.

Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.