Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Bacon

Re: Homemade Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Deep Fried Battered Bacon mmmmmmmmm. Can it get any better than that
    Crumbed and deep fried!!

Nice work on the homemade bacon Tangles!!
    Jim

Heck just had breakfast,, bloody cereal & fruit,, now want smoked bacon & eggs,, frigging diet well done Mike looks great can just about smell the stuff,, Muddy if rosco is a no show at agnes I will take his place Gezz smoked bacon at the cook off Murf could be in trouble,, Mike where are you staying at agnes this year ?? as I'll be bringing the boys around for breakfast & stuff the bloody diet

Think im in with thedeckie as usual
    Tangles KFC

"Will take you on at the cook off for bacon!!! "

Challenge accepted
    If I can't make it to the cookoff I will send you up with some of my pineapple cured short cut bacon!!

Quote Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
    If I can't make it to the cookoff I will send you up with some of my pineapple cured short cut bacon!!
    This could get interesting. My cold smoke traditional technique against your hot smoke dodgy shortcut.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Think im in with thedeckie as usual

First Mike top effort with the bacon. Keen to test some (hint, hint!). Will bring eggs and they will be real free range farm eggs from our place with a yoke that is rich yellow/orange.

Secondly, about the comment quoted above, you serious?? after Jacobs Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'll be locked up in the garage!
    Tangles KFC

This could get interesting. My cold smoke traditional technique against your hot smoke dodgy shortcut.
    I do both. Cold smoke to start then finish with hot smoke at 220f.
    Best wood is that red hardwood we got at stanage.....
    Awesome flavour

Looks like I best increase my blood pressure meds before the cook off this year! Cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
    I do both. Cold smoke to start then finish with hot smoke at 220f.
    Best wood is that red hardwood we got at stanage.....
    Awesome flavour
    Now you have a reason to get the week off for the Agnes M&G............Unless you are scared to show your face after the "Makin Bacon" Challenge

PS I'm sure thats my Stanage hardwood you are smoking with
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

well... after all the things I have smoked, pickled, cured, dried and BBQ'd, I have never had a go at making my own bacon, but I sure will this weekend, love to try new things.

Give it crack mate, you will wonder why you didnt earlier
    Tangles KFC

Have been experimenting with some pork bellies in the smoker I got from Aldi. I think I have been cooking them too high and fast, so will try and slow it down a bit. Don't eat much bacon these days but always like to experiment with the smoker.

Steve,

As low and slow as you can, im doing it on a WSM with a water tray... will loading up on this for Easter
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    Have been experimenting with some pork bellies in the smoker I got from Aldi. I think I have been cooking them too high and fast, so will try and slow it down a bit. Don't eat much bacon these days but always like to experiment with the smoker.
    Steve, you want a couple of hours of smoke on them. I use a cold smoke to start with then fire up the gas
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"