Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typical on Holidays and There s a Monsoon Trough

Typical on Holidays and There s a Monsoon Trough

Here's the forcast for tomorrow
    Capricornia Waters, St Lawrence to Burnett Heads:

A Strong Winds Warning is current and a Gale Warning has been issued for tomorrow.
    Thursday until midnight: Winds: NE to NW 25 to 33 knots. Seas: to 3 metres. Swell: NW to NE 2 to 2.5 metres. Rain areas with squally showers and thunderstorms with gusts to 48 knots north of Gladstone.
    Friday: Winds: E to NE 25 to 33 knots, increasing to 35 to 40 knots during the day. Seas: 3 to 4 metres. Swell: NW to NE 2 to 2.5 metres. Rain areas with squally showers and thunderstorms with gusts to 65 knots north of Gladstone and 48 knots to the south.
    Saturday: Winds: E to NE 20 to 33 knots. Winds dependent on the position and strength of Ex TC Oswald and monsoon trough.
    Sunday: Winds: NW to NE 20 to 30 knots. Winds dependent on the position and strength of Ex TC Oswald and the monsoon trough.

Yeah and as of 6 pm we have had 8 inches of rain tanks over flowing place flooded , Been into the mother in laws place helping her with flooding thru her place only monor but the roads getting worse with water crossing roads everywhere.

And so much more to come
    Had to chase this buggar out of my shed
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Re: Typical on Holidays and There s a Monsoon Trough

yeha mate same, can t even see the keppels and there 8ft breakers on keppel main beach.

supa

Gusting 38 to 49 Knots at Rundle at Moment
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Stop whinging,you had a look at Monday?

I was invited to join a friend and his wife at a holiday retreat in Red Rock, NSW but I just called him to can the idea. Even down there winds will be 40 knts and seas to 6mtrs on Sunday, 3.5 hours south of Brisbane. Had lined up a Yak to borrow for the creeks down there, but I think that will be a waste of time too. Got as far as putting the roof racks on, but noop, been there done that last time I was in Ballina a few years ago, when the big low swept through the area. Wife still wants to go, if I wake up on Sat morning and the birds are chirping to a cloudless sky, we'll head down.. Pigs fly and I just saw a pink elephant too!!

Scalem

Yes Graham reckon it'll stir all the fish up to in shed doing maintance as i get the chance . Kids back to school next week too so defineatly won t complain
    VHF CHANNEL 21

I see you're not an animal lover....where's the little lizard going to sleep now???

I wouldn't of shooed it out too. Not that good on the bite a bit chewy.

Same here, got till tuesday off and the whole place is flooded. Even cancelled the buses to the island this morning. Hopefully tuesday will be a goer.

Shopping fair closed due to watermain burst or something wife home from work the winds are incredible flooded as flooded can be this yard there will be a float of crocs in my yard now(float is a group of crocs)
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    I wouldn't of shooed it out too. Not that good on the bite a bit chewy.
    bit like chicken.....
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    in shed doing maintance as i get the chance .
    Same here mate. Watching the causeway lake back up across the mudflats in a big way, but have got the fuel filter changed, the new anchor buoy spliced, and the new GPS almost wired in. Just about need earmuffs to work in the tin roof shed though!

Cheers
    Craig

Yea, thanks fellas for sending it south. Just in time to wash out our long weekend
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Hahaha well 575mm 22 inches of rain weather is awesome for next week
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Jt not on your own mate,21inches since 4pm wed arvo till 10.30am this morning friday at glenlee. This should give the prawns a hurry up,Ive watched that show gatter boys,see if you can do abit of croc wrestling.
    CHEERS AND BEERS