Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Re: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

You need a better esky.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    You need a better esky.
    Or catch less i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    What is the plan with ice? The way i see it 3 days maximum is all we will have. Anyone have an icemaker?
    I think we can put a 240v freezer in the back of Bulls truck then load up in Clairview. That should last two nights or so. I would think we would be ready for home by then. Perhaps a block of dry ice might be an option in some eskys. I have a 40L Engel (with 12v lead) that might be worth throwing in
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Seriously........ if you make block ice at home ( have frozen for a couple of weeks ) that ice will last 3, 4, 5 or more days in a good esky on the boat. Block size is relevant. About an ice cream container size, keep a towel on top ( in esky ) to stop air hitting it.

The esky I took to Stanage had block ice in it ( chinese takeaway container size ). Loaded ice Saturday night... driving, camping etc etc, returning to home Wednesday night and esky temp was cold and ice still about 50% of original.

Party and bagged ice from servos are .... average... at best. They are not frozen for long and melt quickly.

Also, reducing the number of times you open the esky will help, as well as having it in a shaded area.

bbbrrrrrrrrr......... ice !!!!

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 05-05-2013 at 01:14 PM.

The last extended trip i did, we had two blocks of dry ice in the middle esky and just normal ice on top of them... and just used that esky to top up the main two (food/drinks esky & fish). worked an absolute treat! got home after 3 full days in the sun with 8 blocks still full, the dry ice still 3/4 full and any bait that was in there still snap frozen! brilliant!

fibreglass eskies though...

I suppose that if we make block with salt (saltwater) added the fish can sit in the melt water as a saltwater slurry. It will be 2-3oC cooler than freshwater blocks melting
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

What effect does dry ice have on fiberglass? I've used it in a poly esky before and it put a bubble in it so what about a glass esky or in moulded seat boxes?

None that I can see mate... the middle esky in mine is an evakool the other 2 are moulded..the dry ice was wrapped in brown paper & about the size of a shoe box... like I said, only two of them, with about a dozen 5kg home made block ice blocks on top of them.

Thanks mate.......cant foresee ASW having ice problems then, especially seeing as though it's a purely C&R vessel.

I'm still keen but will need deckies

Just spoke to the wife and as its my birthday I shockingly will get leave and all it may cost me is a thermomix.
    Now to get leave from the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    Just spoke to the wife and as its my birthday I shockingly will get leave and all it may cost me is a thermomix.
    Now to get leave from the boss.
    That thermomix will be the end of you...

And you better bring cake!!!

Also, reducing the number of times you open the esky will help, as well as having it in a shaded area.

bbbrrrrrrrrr......... ice !!!!

LP

That might be good for your fishing style phill, but what about some of us that actually catch fish????

I know servo ice isnt that good but last 1770 trip we used 80kg of ice in 2 days...

You need a better esky.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    That might be good for your fishing style phill, but what about some of us that actually catch fish????

I know servo ice isnt that good but last 1770 trip we used 80kg of ice in 2 days...
    See quoted reply above.

That was with a fibreglass esky...