Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Re: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    What the... a minute ago it had changed to silver, and now it is showing gold.

Not bad for one morning's work. I'll be platinum soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Next time we look at this trip we need to take into account the moon. With the big moon the current made fishing at night impossible. At one stage we were anchored in 25m of water and couldn't hold bottom with a pound of lead. We were offshore 3 nights and didn't really fish at all once the sun went down and the moon came up which was a shame.
    Yea Brett. Neap tides are the way to go in that neck of the woods
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Okay a report from Team Beeracuda/Geriatric
    had a Team Meeting last Saturday arvo with the laptops out looking at all our options & the call was made to head up to 1770 ,left home at 9.30 for a easy trip up ,ran into Bug man & his crew at Tario for a chat & a look at the big CAT, arrived at 1770 about 4.30& found Andrews place, with the boys there cleaning fish after a night out on the reef, dinner that night was fresh fish with rice & lots of beer with the boys telling us all about there trip, Monday morning saw a late start due to helping out with wheel bearing issue for one of the crews heading home, then did a tour of 1770 looking at the houses we will be staying at for the September M&G ,up to the head land to look at the sea conditions "not good'' which saw us at the Tree bar having a few quite ones & meeting up with Oznorts/Haydn who told us story's about yellow fin etc. which saw us go home hook the boat up & hit Bustard looking for Spaniards as Perry needed to break his drought but with only 1 under size hitting the deck it wasn't to be, Tuesday saw us up listen to VMR for the local weather report which had the arvo looking good so we packed the boat for a night out on the reef ,we ended up at Lamont hiding from the wind & swell which as it eased saw us hit some close marks for nice trout, tuskies, Neil pulling in a nice 4kg trout been the highlight, by late arvo the wind had dropped out so was looking good for a night fish, but the bloody SW started to blow which shut the fish down & saw us heading into the lagoon on sunset by 7 that night the wind was singing through the rods & it blew like this all night , next morning saw us fishing the lee side of the reef for not much& as the wind backed off a little we headed out a bit wider for very average conditions but a few more fish hit the esky, at 11.30 we decided it was time to head in so we had time to clean the boat, clean the fish , then hit the Tavern to watch QLD clean up NSW ,a big thankyou to Perry & Neil for the trip & to Andrew for letting us stay at his place, any photos Perry will put up as he was the camera man for the trip lets all hope that we all can get out to the swains on the next trip
    Cheers

Yea, we still had a good time despite the weather. We met a few new Ausfishers and had a good recon around Agnes. Special thanks to Andrew and Lucy for putting up with us for our stay and to Perry and Bill for not throwing me overboard when my new BBQ wouldn't work when we were sitting in Fitzroy. The boys were not to keen on living on Steak Tartare and Sashimi for a few days if we got stuck out there
    Great trip fellas. Next time its all the way to the Swains. We won't even look at the forcast
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

photo (6).jpgphoto (5).jpgphoto (4).jpgphoto (2).jpgIMG_0704.jpgIMG_0703.jpgIMG_0702.jpgIMG_0701.jpgIMG_0698.jpgIMG_0691.jpgWell what can I say other than there wasn't much fishing done but still managed a feed. a big thanks to Bill and Neil (lucky we only spent the one night on the reef, hey Neil) and another big thanks to Andy an Lucy, top people. Also to all the other guys, hope you blokes make it to the m&g and Bill look after that boat of mine mate.
    Cheers Perry

great pics Perry, Gods country no matter the weather...
    Tangles KFC

Great trip boys! there is nothing that compares to the comeradery and sense of achievement I rekon of towing a boat for hours on end up there, sleeping where ever you can waiting for the servo to open before heading out! Its a beautiful place that never ceases to amaze!

Well done fellas

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

40 pages of going to Swains but then its Agnes and piccies of Horse sleeping.. but no piccies of the ferrets at the pub? i feel incomplete!

1 drinking pic at the cafe (not good enough)
    1 sunset pic (good)
    1 pic of ferrets looking silly (excellent)
    1 travelling pic ( good)
    4 sleeping pics or lagoon ( ????)
    1 fish pic ( maybe the above explains that)
    Tangles KFC

Are we there yet dad? I think we need a bigger boat son

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Mister!!!!! We missed you buddy, great to see you back!

looks who back.... this place will no doubt be entertaining again

Mister about time you came back. Why don't you have a go at the Sat Nav, he's dry and boring whereas you're the life of the party.

Boats are fine thanks Kerry. We just need better than a 20+knt forecast to make the run. We know our limitations
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Hey boys sorry to rub it in especially as our weather was the opposite that you guys had but we did our yearly trip by trailer boat to the Swains. See "SWAINS in a trailer boat. Best trip so far" in the Saltwater off shore reports.

Goona

So whos willing to plan another swains trip.