Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Re: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Quote Originally Posted by thelump View Post
    Yes I got a photo at 4.19 of a very content looking horse.
    In his stable with a rug on?

Team Bugman hit Innaminka and guthries off North West. Conditions were not friendly but plenty off fish caught over the 3 days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice mate.. I did call you a few times on Monday arvo when we went for a quick run. Nice work

Brett you find all the monsters
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Nice fish fellas. I felt for you whenever we were getting the weather updates while standing on terra firma. You certainly deserved the fish you got. How did the big girl handle the conditions?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Nice fish fellas. I felt for you whenever we were getting the weather updates while standing on terra firma. You certainly deserved the fish you got. How did the big girl handle the conditions?
    Who do you mean?

Team Kaypee went out Monday arvo too for a belt since the boat was already packed... Got rewarded with a few nice fish...

Trout.jpg 12.jpg bd emp.jpg

Haven't heard from any of the other boys... but surely 12kg is enough to win the bet?? Team Scalded with the Spanish, Team Pump Action with the Red...Tell me you guys at least got the biggest Whiting??? or was the mono too scared of the NQ Chop

1.jpg2.JPG
    Some Screen shots of when we got the fish...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaypee; 29-06-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added photos

Why is Jarrah jack back to bronze?

Quote Originally Posted by kaypee View Post
    Team Kaypee went out Monday arvo too for a belt since the boat was already packed... Got rewarded with a few nice fish...

Trout.jpg 12.jpg bd emp.jpg

Haven't heard from any of the other boys... but surely 12kg is enough to win the bet?? Team Scalded with the Spanish, Team Pump Action with the Red...Tell me you guys at least got the biggest Whiting??? or was the mono too scared of the NQ Chop

I'm no expert Mick but it Looks photo shopped to me
    Oh and those chinamen fish you have are delicious

Next time we look at this trip we need to take into account the moon. With the big moon the current made fishing at night impossible. At one stage we were anchored in 25m of water and couldn't hold bottom with a pound of lead. We were offshore 3 nights and didn't really fish at all once the sun went down and the moon came up which was a shame.
    The reds were scarce but we managed a few. No real standouts. We found some cracking trout. In fact we didn't land a trout under 4 kilos and most were 5-6kgs. The Spanish were plentiful and Brooksy's big girl pictured weighed in at 21kg after 3 days on ice.
    John pulled the cod which we are estimated at 50-60kg. Finally managed to get her back down with a reef pick and anchor rope.
    My highlight was snorkelling at North West for an hour to find the boys amusing themselves by burleying up a pack of reef sharks that I had to swim 80m through to get back to the boat. They thought they were hilarious.
    The boat performed fantastic but we did manage to break the odd thing. She doesn't like punching directly in 1.5m slop in 20knots winds which meant we had to tack a few times.
    A non highlight was waking up to find the two motors pointing in opposite directions after getting some work done on the boat in the lead up to the trip. The "mechanic" didn't tighten the flange on the ram meaning most fluid was lost. Disconcerting 120km from land.
    It's amazing what you can do with a bottle of vegetable oil, a screwdriver and a sinker.
    Thanks Steve and John for a great trip

Just showing you lads down there what metre long fish look like mate!! Thats all

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Why is Jarrah jack back to bronze?

Mmmm... Who could I have possibly upset??

Love the pic of the big red but.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Love the pic of the big red but.
    you're not getting confused with wooli m&g i hope
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    A non highlight was waking up to find the two motors pointing in opposite directions after getting some work done one the boat in the lead up to the trip. The "mechanic" didn't tighten the flange in the ram meaning most fluid was lost.
    Similar thing happened to me last year at 1770, but not at sea. Lost almost the whole week arranging parts thinking it was a blown seal, only to find that it just was not tightened properly. Top effort in sorting it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Mmmm... Who could I have possibly upset??
    What the... a minute ago it had changed to silver, and now it is showing gold.