Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Re: Swains Trailer Trash Trip

Quote Originally Posted by bigjudge View Post
    Horse if I have a new boat by the time you are ready to go count me in.Horse also have some details for you on your stanage bay trip will give you a ring.
    CHEERS AND BEERS
    Thanks for that. Pull the old digit out and get moving with the new boat
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Im in for this trip!

Lets get some rough dates together.

When does a boat become to small to go ??????

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Haha depends who you ask mate. Some say you need a 60ft-er, some say a 6m with company and plenty of fuel is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Just ask mister how big the boat needs to be

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Just ask mister how big the boat needs to be
    he got banned by the adults (fun police) of this site...

Seaweed if your lookin for a deckie, dont go past me I have wanted to fish the Swains for at least 15 to 20 years but never actually got the chance. Obviously willing to pay my way. Mind and body up to it no slacker, do the hard yards for a trip like this one. Any how let me know if you or any of the other boys need to fill seats, Did I suck up enough to make the grade.

I will put up a few potential dates in a week or so. We have a few bodies confirmed for the venture so hopefully the date options will suit most
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I may have room for a decky or two. Just pm me if you're interested.

I think with a trip like this you are going to have be extremely lucky to set a date in advance and then get the window of weather in that week that everyone has taken off. This is just my opinion but i think you will need to decide on say a 4 week window in whatever month you figure out when the weather is generally calm and have everyone ready to move as soon as you see that 3 or 4 day window open up.

This is a trip I would love to do and will do later down the track when I have a slightly bigger boat than the old 5.1m, logistically I could easily carry enough fuel for 500km and ice for 4 days but I think it may be just a little bit too small and slow for a Swains trip. 300+ kms is pretty average for me off 1770 but I may have to wait 2 months to get a window of weather that coincides with a weekend for me to do it.

I wish you blokes all the best of luck and am extremely jealous of the fact.

Cheers

^^ Agree we cant pin point dates so far out, but have to look at something. I dunno about you guys, but I cant go to my missus and boss at work one morning and say, hey, weathers good this week Im going fishing haha!

Seriousness though, I think the idea of targetting a 4 week window, and then closer to the date fine tune it is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang5 View Post
    I dunno about you guys, but I cant go to my missus and boss at work one morning and say, hey, weathers good this week Im going fishing haha!
    Yep I am in the same boat there. It will be interesting to say the least to just say I am going fishing now, bye.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

gees, you guys are whimpy!! planing a big trip to the edge of the world in a trailer boat, yet scared to tell the wife your going, what's the world coming to?

I might come too, but leave from here, I reckon if I head NE I could be there in a week, I could swing past Lord Howe and pick up some snacks for the rest of the trip, wonder whats between Lord Howe and Swains??
    Last edited by Noelm; 05-02-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    gees, you guys are whimpy!! planing a big trip to the edge of the world in a trailer boat, yet scared to tell the wife your going, what's the world coming to?
    Forgot to mention, my missus is pregnant! :0