Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Re: Swains Trailer Trash Trip

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    Lucee good of you to look after the backpackers boyfriends for us !!!
    Expect you to be thinking if the backpacker boyfriends.

I'm keen, the hardest thing will be picking the weather, we were planning on getting everything ready to go and then when a window come up just going.. So cant really plan to far ahead for that.. Pencil me in though from Clairview.

Late May through to Sept is usually the most predictable weather around here.. Not sure how it works for up that way and out further though.. I think it could be a bit later in the year... Anyone??

No nothing of Clairview though.. Keen as on something new but!!!

Neil,

This is the reason I bought cat.

I've always wanted to do it. There's a group of guys here in Murwillumbah that do it every year. They've got a trawler to take them fuel out to Percy and they come back and refill.

They smash it.

If we could do it - I'd think two nights out on the reef - you go all that way you might as well stay there.

The other option is to organise something for North West - closer - fishing just as good - island to come back to and fuel supplies can be arranged.

Either way keep me in the loop.

Brett

Guys I'm keen for this as well.
    I will do some research into accommodation cost at the van park. My place is right beside 1 of the ramps at Clairview if guys are happy to camp in boats/tents your welcome to use my toilet/shower bbq etc (the palace isn't much but its right on the water with plenty of boat parking)
    Clairview has 2 ramps both are tide dependent for bigger boats you need at least a 4.5m tide to get on and off. One ramp is on the beach the other is in a creek so its no problem if it blows up.
    When the tide gets over 5.5m ( Mackay tide table) the run gets to be a pain in the butt. I think September is the pick of the months for doing a trip but that will clash with 1770 and we all know we cant have that.
    Cheers Brett

Bull have you thought about making 1770 a 2 week holiday, then if the weather is good the week before the M&G we just head up to your shag pad on the beach...

I'm on another boat cruise from 23 to 30 August then me thinks murf and jarrah and the boys are at yeppoon from then . Youse can come on my boat cruise Neumea Lifou Villa 7 days of pleasure but no fishing unless i score a wahoo trip at villa
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

June/July might be good for weather from what I can work out. Westerlies could be an issue around then. Buggys probably on the money with two nights on the reef if the weather window is big enough.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Neil,

This is the reason I bought cat.

I've always wanted to do it. There's a group of guys here in Murwillumbah that do it every year. They've got a trawler to take them fuel out to Percy and they come back and refill.

They smash it.

If we could do it - I'd think two nights out on the reef - you go all that way you might as well stay there.

The other option is to organise something for North West - closer - fishing just as good - island to come back to and fuel supplies can be arranged.

Either way keep me in the loop.

Brett
    North West is great but hardly bragging rights down the boat club for Bull. A fuel drop would make things easy but I think it can be done with jerry cans for the vessels with small tanks
    What sort of boats do the Murwillumbah boys take
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    I will be looking for deckies...please post resume's to my pm box
    I have my own boogie board. Now how far will I have to paddle to meet up with you?

Start now Jason and we will pick you up on the way back......
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

You guys are on drugs........Swains ??.......in a trailerboat ??.........

Get some nads, arrange a fuel drop at the Swains and fish Cato or Sumarez, now that's a challenge, BIG dog tooth out there

Swains.......

Cheers,

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by liltuffy View Post
    You guys are on drugs........Swains ??.......in a trailerboat ??.........

Get some nads, arrange a fuel drop at the Swains and fish Cato or Sumarez, now that's a challenge, BIG dog tooth out there

Swains.......

Cheers,

Craig
    What's the fuel drop for? Was heading out in canoes!!!

yep i'm back and i'm coming . will need deckies (must be able to open woodstock)
    will have a cabin by then too

Theres some good looking country out there. here one spot that drops from the reef edge straight into 50m
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Horse if I have a new boat by the time you are ready to go count me in.Horse also have some details for you on your stanage bay trip will give you a ring.
    CHEERS AND BEERS