Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Re: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

If the date mysteriously changes to the week before I can go.

I will keep you informed on the Mullet M & G, if the planets align...... no problems at my place........ " you do like pink drinks ? " don't you ""

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Time for a bit of a roll call to see whose still keen
    From previous posts we have quite a few putting their hands up for the run. Check out the list and edit where needed. You will need a note from your parents if pulling out.

Muddy Toes
    Horse
    Bull 1
    Cobiaman
    Madmackrel
    fishfeeder
    captain seaweed
    Kaypee
    Spanyardo
    Bugman
    Humdinger
    bigjudge
    mustang5
    Lucee81

With a few others showing some interest

Kick off is only 11 weeks away
    Dam dam dam...faaarrrkkkk....ffaarrrkkkkk....faarrrkkkkk. I realy want in on this trip. I wonder if i could put my wedding off for a couple of weeks!? Maybe a text message to the missus: "darling remember when you said..." faarrkkk that aint gunna work. Sorry Lads i was hoping to share some of my intel gathered over the years from this great part of the world.

The Trout up there love the gay rigs...plenty of pink fluff and silver fly material on your presentations! PM me if you need some starter marks.

Looks like alot of knowledge, experience and banter would be on this M&G. Hopefully becomes an annual trip. Here's a couple of screen shots from Percy's 2012:

S00023.jpg

S00038.jpg

S00067.jpg

Pimp a shrimp, cant you get a stand in.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Bring her with...................

?
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Married at the Swains!!!!!! Now theres an Idea!!

I'm pretty sure Madmackrel is ordained in Netmakers Church so he could perform the ceremony between bite periods. How many bridesmaids do we have to cater for?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I'm pretty sure Madmackrel is ordained in Netmakers Church so he could perform the ceremony between bite periods. How many bridesmaids do we have to cater for?
    One less now that Lucee isnt coming.

That's not nice.

Aaahhh Hmmmmm ....... did somebody say they need a bridesmaid at short notice ......

pigbridesmaid.jpg
    Jim

Guys how much fuel are you guys thinking of taking. The trip I just did was a 400klm which I took 450l and came back with 100l we were 80klm short of the swains

I borrowed a 200l flexible fuel tank which was brilliant it sucked down to less that 1l left in the bladder and was easily strapped tot he top of my t_top when empty

going to buy one for my self soon. I would want 600l to go to the swains for safety.

the problem is the VHF will only reach so far so you wont get weather updates after 100klm or so. If the weather changes then you wont know about it

Have you thought of hiring a sat phone between the lot of you??
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard_King View Post
    Guys how much fuel are you guys thinking of taking. The trip I just did was a 400klm which I took 450l and came back with 100l we were 80klm short of the swains

I borrowed a 200l flexible fuel tank which was brilliant it sucked down to less that 1l left in the bladder and was easily strapped tot he top of my t_top when empty

going to buy one for my self soon. I would want 600l to go to the swains for safety.

the problem is the VHF will only reach so far so you wont get weather updates after 100klm or so. If the weather changes then you wont know about it

That's not completly true Gary.
    If the weather changes I reckon they will be the first to know about it.

I use about a litre per km so I'm taking full tank at 600L and then two portables for the aux.

640l all up.

Sat phones a good idea as I lose VHF range at 100km offshore mark.

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    That's not completly true Gary.
    If the weather changes I reckon they will be the first to know about it.
    Going that far the difference between 10 and 15 knots could be an extra 3 hours steaming back
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Going that far the difference between 10 and 15 knots could be an extra 3 hours steaming back
    15knt southerly traveling beam on in the cap channel does exactly that mate. Good point!

Do they have a repeater in the Percy group?? Anyone know? As I'd say we would get range from 60k..