Thread: More trout & some Nanny's

Red face More trout & some Nanny's

Went out again last Friday to see if the trout were still around after the trip about a fortnight ago. They were. We got 3 trout with the 2 best going just on 8kg. The other one wasn't a baby either.
    The 3 trout were caught in a quick session and we needed to restock the live bait tank. After anchoring up again after getting more livies i threw a hand full of chopped tuna over the side and was pleasantly surprised to see several red fish rise up towards the burly and start feeding.
    We soon realised that they were nannygai so i quickly cut the sinker off the rig on a spin rod and threw out and unweighted bait.
    It no sooner hit the water and it was snapped up by one of the nanny's. I let it run for a bit then flipped over the bail arm and it was on. They certainly went hard for the bottom once they realised they were hooked.
    We ended up landing 6 of them (small mouth nannygai) up to 5kg.
    The actually came right to the top and were breaking the surface to feed which was pretty amazing to watch. I reckon a fly fisherman would have had some fun there.

George.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3687.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	88495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3688.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	88496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3696.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	88497  

Re: More trout & some Nanny's

stonker trout, well done. can you update your profile so it shows where you live? thanks.

Awesome george
    The smallies always use to rise on some rubble and wreak grounds we have here on a bottom or top of tide when no current
    Stonker trout buddy
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Hey George, i like the whats on that hat mate.........oh yer n nice fish!

Cheers George

beautiful trout! That would have been a awesome day mate.

holy crap thats some good fish

well done

cheers

brett

Large smallies! Nice one!

Cant beat the colour Red....awesome George !!!

Awesome little session there mate, that would've been great fun catching those Nannies off the top....... not to mention the crackin trout you've got there.

Cheers for the report,
    Leon.

Cracking smallies mate and those trout are bloody awesome. Great day thanks for sharing

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"