Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crabbers warned: you will be caught

Re: Crabbers warned: you will be caught

I can say in the pumicestone passage, crab and pots thieves are rampants. I have witness the low life, reported it, nothing has been done, and I guess will never be done.
    So coming here with a half arse warning is ludicrous.
    A better way is to sign post boat ramps and be on the water.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

I agree with you Hungry except please don't waste money on signs... spend that money on enforcing the law, they all know it anyway.

Besides... there's way too many signs already.

i have 2 sets of pots. 1 set of those nice pop up pots that bruce mentioned which i will take out for a day (and keep a reasonably good eye on) and a second set of those "4 for $55" pots (still made by crabbin gear at clontarf and way better than those bcf knock offs) that i run the gauntlet with and leave out overnight. the pain in the ass is not being able to take them all out at once which seems a little weird when you consider i can travel across green zones with my gear stowed. so i can be trusted to not fish in a green zone (despite the fact i am carrying fishing gear) but i cannot be trusted to only have 4 pots in the water at the one time.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

How simple is this?

A good video but it falls short of some other vital bits of information that could see you in trouble.
    Baits must be legal, either legal size or unregulated.
    Depending on the species used as bait, it can add to your in possession bag limits even if they are fish frames. I specifically asked the question to DPI about keeping whiting frames for crab bait....they stated it was illegal to exceed the bag limit even with the frames.

No mention of three spot crabs or spanner crabs as well or the spanner crab closed season.

I think fisheries should have videos playing at all bait and tackle shops and above the bait freezer at all servos. It is their responsibility to make the information available I think.
    Jack.

Thumbs up Re: Crabbers warned: you will be caught

Time 4 Jennies to be allowed 2 be kept by "RecFishos ONLY , never pros in QLD" .... 2 x 17cms.+
    sounds fair 2 me....

Thanks for the video. I was wondering what a QLD Fisheries officer looked like because I've never seen one!

Nah Gazza, It will just be another grey area people will exploit to take a bit more home.
    We don't need to feed the less desirables with a loophole that might give them some leniency.
    Leave the law stand and enforce it better.
    Removal of the share farmers and pot thieves will do massive amounts of good to the crab fishery.
    If they are raiding your pots the chances are they are talking all sizes and sexes.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    How simple is this?

I noticed his crab measurer was 3mm over size

yeah bloody pro crabbers
    I know they like to slash rec crabbers pots and thats coming from the horses mouth
    I had 7 pots stolen from ningy creek just recently.
    step up fisheries and do your bloody job before i catch the pros responsible!!!!!!!!

its amazing 25 posts on this topic and no responce from the fisheries,
    cheers rosco

I can't see why they dont set up some simple camers surveilance on a few pots left out overnight. Catch a couple of the mongrel bastards , crush their boats on the evening news and hit them with a fine.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

i hear ya niel be good actually seeing these buggers on the water doing what there spose to and try an sort outthis whole sharefarming/pot pinching what is rampant at the moment

Thumbs up Re: Crabbers warned: you will be caught

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Nah Gazza, It will just be another grey area people will exploit to take a bit more home.
    We don't need to feed the less desirables with a loophole that might give them some leniency.
    Leave the law stand and enforce it better.
    Removal of the share farmers and pot thieves will do massive amounts of good to the crab fishery.
    If they are raiding your pots the chances are they are talking all sizes and sexes.
    Nahhh m8 , totally over being "penalised" for loser-X % Feral Activity......(in all facets of life)

K.I.S.S. ....2 max. 17cms Jennies "allowed" L.E.G.A.L.L.Y , i.e. 10m-0jens,9m-1jen,....8bucks & 2 JENS... "allowed"
    or Xceed limits & ALL your Relatives will be "shot" , and a $10billion fine.... ...... and 2hrs community service...
    p.s. don't freakout....NOTHING CHANGES UNDER THE QUEENSLAND LNP...j.m.o.