Thread: Jumpinpin Water Police/Fisheries Today

Jumpinpin Water Police/Fisheries Today

Hi All,

Just a warning to all to be careful around The Bedrooms at the Pin as the Water Police/Fisheries were out and about today.
    How do I know ....... I got busted for speeding there today on my way home today at 12:30 pm.
    Result ... $220.00 fine for speeding in a 6 knot zone !!
    Was doing about 25- 28 knots at the time.
    Was fishing around the tip of Crusoe Island and was heading back to Jacobs Well. I was aware of the 6 knot zone near the Bedrooms as that's where boats are moored, although today it was clear. I had thought that the 6 knot limit was only on the east side of the sign, but the officer explained that it covered the whole area between the Bedrooms where the sign is and the other side.
    Ouch !!
    I'll have to cop it on the chin because I was ignorant of this, but I hope this post is a reminder to anyone else who frequents that area to observe the speed limit in this area.
    I would be interested to hear from anyone if there are any other areas like this around the place.
    Cheers
    Rob

Re: Jumpinpin Water Police/Fisheries Today

Maybe they should frequent Tipplers areas as well - far too many boaties go ripping through these areas with no regard for the speed limits. Really pisses me off when you are tied up beside one another and these clowns in their fancy big boat don't give a rats and end up damaging other peoples property.

Maybe the Straddy M&G guys can bring their toys and target jetskiers - if you don't know about what goes on here every weekend and midweek - go and have a fish/look.

Phew.....feel better now.

Yeah, that does sound pretty annoying.
    Haven't been down to Tipplers yet, but will definitely have a look at the maps first before I go.
    Ignorance is no defence !!
    Cheers
    Rob

What annoys me most of all is that when I travel those areas I often have some clown close behind in my wake.... (As annoying on water as it is on roads.....)

So when I come up to the go slows, the ningbats veer at last minute and their wake adds to the slowing down catch up wake.

It's annoying because you never know if they are alert and will see you slowing, and also because their wake arrives around the same time as your own is catching you.....

Then they often proceed on through at planing speeds, or go 500 metres into the area before obeying the restriction. What's the hurry?.... enjoy the views....

Whinge mode over....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lots of six knot zones in the area down there - although the one out the front of the ramp at Jacobs Well seems to cause a lot of confusion as it is six knots for boats OVER 8 meters in length only! Wags don't get me started on the clowns that go flying through Tipplers!!! The water Police had a field day booking them last Easter - they had the mother ship anchored at the southern end of the channel and the RIB was pulling them over left right and centre - should be more of it! Sorry you got stung out of ignorance Rob but as you say its no excuse hopefully you get a good feed next time out to ease the pain.

Cheers
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies