Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crabbing Etticate

Re: Crabbing Etticate

rule 303 ? oh cant do that oops should charge government for the cost of pots seem where not aloud to sink em dont be silly put tags on put floats on them so every one gets to see where they are hahahahaha right who pays the $50 when they are stolen oh of cause us sit on top of them like i do they dont get nicked/ checked

Its a sad case of affairs at Noosa at the moment and to put it honestly im just glad my pots arnt being stolen. Christmas was ridicolouse as it was a sea of boys and the whole waterway looked like a minefield. Ive been here for 6 months approx and had over 10 pots stolen. I only buy the cheap Big w ones now as they seem less likely to be knicked and only being 13 bucks. It is just a sad state of affairs when you no your pot has been raided , slashed and stolen and is to me just "unAUSTRALIAN". i agree with the boat ramming ideas as till these guys feel fear they will keep doing it. To be honest im going to start sinking mine or tie them off to the mangroves with a tiny little plastic sticker wrapped around the mangrove with name and address on it. Sinking them might be illegall but ive had enough of following the rules and being over 300$ down in crabbing gear and lets face reaility that the only one who is going to defend my mudcrab pots is me and only one going to enforce some justice is me.

No use having an on the spot fine of $250 when no one is there to enforce it. May as well have the death penalty for all the current enforcemant is worth. The threat of the chance of getting a fine for these scumbags while doing this would be as terrifying as a balloon on a stick to them. They wouldnt even consider it and would probably even think it is their right to do what they do. The next time a share farmer returns to the boat ramp to find all of his car tyres sitting on his roof won't be the last.

If you are going to sink your pots against the law then do everyone a favour and do it where there is absolutely no possibility that on low tide it could get stuck in someones prop. I have only ever interfered with one pot and that was after it got wrapped around my brand new donk and put scratches around the leg. Suffice to say it was unusable after that.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Yey fair enough Lovey..happened to me 2 with the pot in the prop...been using clear 2 litre coke bottles as boys ....they are alot harder to see at night under the spotty..for the scum.

I could be wrong but I think this was much rarer back when I was a lad. I can remember my dad saying don't lift the wrong pot or you could get shot. And he was serious.

These days there seems to be no consequences if they are caught in the act. I liked the swamping manoeuvre but not the tyres on roof.

The blokes nearly swamped were the offenders but what if you got the car wrong at the ramp and its some innocent family got screwed by incorrect revenge.

I don't know a solution but I am certain that back at ramp revenge could go wrong.

I think a camera is about the only sensible solution. But it would take a dedicated crabber to go to the trouble of sitting in wait.

I hope the scum suffer a miserable life. Probably likely if that's the way they operate.