Thread: New Barge to Moreton

New Barge to Moreton

I see there is a new Barge slipping in and out from Brissy to Tangalooma on a regular Basis . (Rainbow Venture) . from what I can gather it`s looking after the rubbish run on Moreton, just wondering if anyone has a contact and will they be taking regular campers and fourby`s in the future ? might be a good thing for them and people wanting a normal priced trip to Moreton .

On another note I heard through the grapevine that a cruise ship will be running from Sydney to Tangalooma this year. Can anyone shed any light on this ? Cheers Andrew

Re: New Barge to Moreton

I heard a whisper of another barge being built to run from Scarborough to bulwer to go into competition with micat.

i haven't heard any barge rumors but the cruise ship is due to anchor for the first time ever in march at tangalooma.
    cr

WHAT - competition for access to Hawkins Island, god I hope so. I only go to Moreton in the Lux and camper once a year now because of the cost, love to go more often if the price comes down a bit.

In reality though Hawkins has that place tied up tighter than a drum, see how far the competition gets.

Good luck with it though.

surely they could fit some cars on beside all those rubbish bins

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/nl/...MMSI=503593300

Wouldn't want to be on that when the bay chops up. Good from inskip point to fraser, but no thanks on the bay!! Had enough hairy moments on the old combie trader. Old enough to appreciate comfort even if it costs more.

Courier mail had an article on the cruise ship. Morton island will impress the tourists but tangalooma will be a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Wouldn't want to be on that when the bay chops up. Good from inskip point to fraser, but no thanks on the bay!! Had enough hairy moments on the old combie trader. Old enough to appreciate comfort even if it costs more.
    haha my dad drove 80 feet army barges when based in Brisbane river in the 80s mid 90s they use to go up and down east coast for 18 odd years his worst frights were in Moreton bay it self yes the old combie brings back some memorys on those good days

Had the Tangaloma chick do a talk at the 4wd club, ( november 2012) all about tanga's. she said they are getting their own barge up and going. Starting with a few trips and ramping it up full time.
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

It wouldn't surprise me if the Rainbow Venture was owned by Hawkins, I know he'd like the name, he's had several vessels named Moreton Venture.
    ~~~><))))*>

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Hey Fish_Gutz i thought Manta Ray Barges owned it must have sold it. That thing must be at least 35 years old, shes old and slow.
    I got a better idea lets strip it, set explosives and detonate somewhere in the bay for an artificial reef

Quote Originally Posted by kind_cir View Post
    Had the Tangaloma chick do a talk at the 4wd club, ( november 2012) all about tanga's. she said they are getting their own barge up and going. Starting with a few trips and ramping it up full time.
    Oh, forgot to mention that the new barge will be cheaper, according to the chick from Tangea's
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

Quote Originally Posted by kind_cir View Post
    Oh, forgot to mention that the new barge will be cheaper, according to the chick from Tangea's
    That would be sooo good... I absolutely love Moreton Island but really can't afford the amount of $$ that they rob off us to get the car over there these days... all well and good to say get an island taxi or stay at Tangalooma but in all honesty you need to be mobile to get to the different fishing spots... I would love to spend a week or more over there just chilling out and catching fish.. some great memories of the place as a young fella
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Hmmm who needs a barge??

ATON IMPULSE VIKING-2992
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...U&feature=fvwp

Hahaaha that thing is right up there with the Lada Niva ...
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back