Thread: Lake Someset - 57 redclaw 1 night

Lake Someset - 57 redclaw 1 night

Hey..
    Went camping with my 2 brothers and my dad for 1 night at Lake Someset camping grounds last night and came back at 12pm today.

We dropped 12 pots all up and caught 57 redclaw overnight which is pretty good considering it was our first time doing it.

I tried some fishing for Bass or whatever else, caught 3 small bass around 20-25cm which went back into the drink. I nearly caught a big one but it took me into some submerged tree's and snagged me up

Was a good night, was our first camping trip for years so it was good to get out and try it, which now we know where to go so next time we will do it for a little longer.

Re: Lake Someset - 57 redclaw 1 night

Good stuff mate. The Dam is a good relaxing spot and a feed of redclaw and a couple of Bass tops it off.

Good work buddy. I'm off to Somerset today. Hoping to get a good feed.

Top stuff, how big was the average size. I've never done it before either was thinking moogerah in the next couple of weeks. Also how was the camping facilities for the family?

Thanks Darren
    Good things come to those who bait

Im going to meet a mate camping at somerset for a few days this coming weekend. Any fresh water fishos wanna PM me some tips into fresh water fishing id appreciate it. Never thrown my line into fresh before. What lures should i use and stuff would be much appreciated

Got 73 with 8 pots.Dropped the pots near a stream of fresh water coming in. The claw were a good size biggest was 35cm.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redclaw10feb.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	88946  

That barb wire must be down again Pero

Bondy, Bondy,Bondy! I thought about you while I was cooking the claw- "Hmmm I got plenty, I better keep some for Bondy, I reckon he might like some, after all, he's looking a bit thinner lately.......
    Nah stuff him! I' will scoff the lot". Chomp,Chomp Chomp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Got 73 with 8 pots.Dropped the pots near a stream of fresh water coming in. The claw were a good size biggest was 35cm.

........yummmmmmmm......

Pero, that's alright mate, had my last chillie garlic claw today, rest is donated to charity bin