Thread: Great fast steak.

Great fast steak.

I know this goes against everything your Mum, Dad, Girlfriend, Dog ever told you about cooking a steak, but it absolutely works! Get the pan nice and hot before you start and have a watch/timer handy. When not cooking on the bbq, I set my microwave timer and just watch that as it's near the stove. Cheers.

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipe/14..._perfect_steak

Re: Great fast steak.

sounds great Nicko. ive been a chef for 20 years, long before the''only turn it once'' brigade came to light. i always turn my steaks multiple times when cooking, i really dont understand cooking a steak and only turning it once, when its a reasonable steak say 1 inch + thickness, your just drying out the meat. A thin steak would be ok to turn it once,but if thats the way you like it thats your choice.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

I cant see a problem with it if you keep the pan hot. On the BBQ grill I turn 3 times so each side gets a criss cross char. Its that char that gives good flavour
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

apparently Heston has tested how the proteins react to heat and 15-20 seconds cooks the meat without making the protein tough at all, certainly seems to work for me. Lovely steak every time.

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    sounds great Nicko. ive been a chef for 20 years, long before the''only turn it once'' brigade came to light. i always turn my steaks multiple times when cooking, i really dont understand cooking a steak and only turning it once, when its a reasonable steak say 1 inch + thickness, your just drying out the meat. A thin steak would be ok to turn it once,but if thats the way you like it thats your choice.