Thread: Another Black Hole

Another Black Hole

My brother built this one for his missus with only a very small help from me. He's caught the bug too and is already outdoing me.
    Once he got past the foregrip winding check he decided on "less is better" even going to a relatively plain black underbind with a tiny amount of silver after the first Stripper guide.
    I had my doubts but it has come up awesome and has given me ideas for future builds.
    The red theme was originally intended for a Saltist Hyper speed but the Penn Torque that's on it fits great!! Also really like the Alps trigger seat although they are pretty pricy.
    This was the rod that accounted for that 25lb Catty Erica caught the other night. Not the best fish to Christen a rod with in terms of quality but anyone who has caught one knows they go pretty hard. By the way they are water droplets off the grass, not Epoxy runs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Another Black Hole

Man you realy do have the bling thing happening, Great work

Cheers
    Pedro

Saw this rod the other day when I dropped in and it was very tidy indeed, nice work to Mick.

That's a really tidy build for his first. Great job.

You must be a good teacher
    Really nice job.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Great looking rod , and great colours , I like the design well done to your brother .

Magic looking rod (but then again I am a little bias towards Red&Black colours LOL!) "Great to see New Builders" cant wait to see the next project!

Cheers,

Ross. www.therodworks.com.au

well done mate
    nice rod mate, those gimbles look really sweet

Where is my welding goggles. Looks sweet mate. One word of advice though, you need to watch the build up of epoxy you have at the bottom of the guide leg. If to thick it can crack or come away from the guide and allow water to enter.

Stu

Very nice looking rod. Love the colours, makes it stand out.
    Where do you get those gimbals from?

Thanks guys I'll pass the message on. Stu I've been using a toothpick to remove this buildup on the legs but it seems to migrate to the legs a lot during drying. My last build I was very happy with but I did go out about 5 times to do the toothpick routine. It still took me 3 coats of Prokote to finish the latest build but am I still putting it on too thick?

Barick the Gimbals are called Ultimate Jigging and are a little pricy but you can get them off EBay and I noticed get bit outdoors also has them. You can unscrew the top part which allows you to mix colours. The top part of this is actually a mud hole trim ring so did not screw on but has the same pattern.
    Has anybody bought off them? They have some very cool Camo patterns I wouldn't mind trying.

Daintreeboy,

Thanks for that. I'll have a look for them. All the Alloy gimbals the other places have are non tapered.
    I always buy from Mud Hole. They have pretty good gear.
    I also use those Trims Rings as well.

By the way Jigging Master also do a Gimbal in a similar style apart from the finish.
    They look pretty cool too.
    Has anyone ever bought stuff through get bit outdoors?

http://www.jiggingmaster-ag.com/home...id=118&lang=en

Tooth pic will do bugger all mate, keep it in your gob. You need something flat, narrow and smooth to remove excess epoxy.