Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Green Zones to STAND

Green Zones to STAND

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226556122610

i read this and scratched my head, when were these consulations? i only remember community meetings where we were told what was going to happen....

nprsr@ministerial.qld.gov.au heres his email, might cc in the courier mail and ask if he was present at any of these meetings and what consultation occured....

Re: Green Zones to STAND

Maybe best to ask the resident MP mark for some clarification and get the answers straight from a member of the government.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

i think he was referring to the original consultations before the green zones were implemented, i went to those meetings, there was no consultation, we were told what was already set in stone really.

Thanks to Ausfish member Timiboy for getting the petition going in the first place.

Just because the Government says rec fishos were consulted, does not mean they took any notice.

Every man and his Dugong knows the zoning was implimented to appease the Green preferences at the election ( at the time ) and even the Greens were not happy with the outcome by only getting 16% of the Bay Green zoned, they wanted 30%.

The LNP via a local member did put forward a plan to allow " one hook / one line " in MBMP green zones and also to " re-visit " the science that supposedly was used to impliment them in the first place. It appears Minister Dickson did not get the " memo ".

The Moreton Bay Access Alliance put forward a zoning proposal that was not given a fair go and others as well.

I serioulsy hope the LNP spin doctors and " numbers men " realise the amount of support they got at the last election and that support can be swiftly removed if their cry of " rec fishing friendly " policies do not see light of day soon.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

This is from Nov 2011

FISHING bans will be overturned in pristine marine areas, including Moreton Bay, under a controversial LNP plan to lure the vote of anglers enraged by restrictions.

The plan, which has not yet gone to Shadow Cabinet for approval, was outlined in a confidential document inadvertently emailed to The Courier-Mail yesterday by an LNP electorate officer.

The minutes from a policy committee meeting held last Friday show the LNP plans to allow amateur fishers, using one line per person, back into protected inshore marine national parks or "green zones".

The committee deferred its final decision to a later meeting.

Green zones have been enforced in the Great Sandy Marine Park near Hervey Bay since 2006, and were expanded in Moreton Bay in 2009.

Anglers face $500 fines if caught fishing, crabbing or netting in banned waters.

The zones angered thousands of amateur southeast fishers and the LNP is now trying to hook their vote by expanding on a 2009 promise by former leader Lawrence Springborg to suspend the bans.

The Campbell Newman-led LNP also plans to cap boat registration fees and hold a government inquiry into recreational fishing if it wins the upcoming state poll.

Fisheries Minister Craig Wallace yesterday labelled the LNP "environmental wreckers" who would put the sustainability of Queensland's fish stocks at risk.

Queensland Conservation Council secretary Simon Baltais condemned as irresponsible the plan to allow full access to Moreton Bay, saying about 84 per cent of the marine park was already under intense pressure from fishing.

Opposition fisheries spokesman Mark Robinson had presented the policy to the Shadow Cabinet expenditure review and policy committee.

Mr Robinson said yesterday he was "jumping on a plane" and could not comment.

Meanwhile, Mr Newman announced he would double travel and accommodation subsidies for rural cancer patients travelling to Brisbane for treatment.

But he could not specify how the $100 million, four-year promise would be funded, saying only that full costings would be released before the election.

courier mail./

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Well it seems we got screwed once again by politicians that will say anything to get a vote.

Bring back the fishing and lifestyle party.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Oh well, another day another broken promise. And to think I was conned into voting for them. Who do you vote for next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    The LNP via a local member did put forward a plan to allow " one hook / one line " in MBMP green zones and also to " re-visit " the science that supposedly was used to impliment them in the first place. It appears Minister Dickson did not get the " memo ".

LP
    That plan was actually the LNP policy right up to the point when Brisbane's greenest ever Lord Mayor took over the reins. As Brisbane's Lord Mayor, Campbell Newman saw the Moreton Bay green zones as essential in developing eco tourisim in his city, at the time he wasn't "overjoyed" we ended up with 16% instead of 30%.
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Well it seems we got screwed once again by politicians that will say anything to get a vote.
    Correctamundo Lovely, only 1 day before the last state election, Newman and MP Mark got up in front of 2000 voting anglers (including me) and made the following commitments.

From the Brisbanes Times 1 day befor the last Qld state election.
    A Liberal National Party government would move towards allowing recreational anglers back into marine park green zones where fishing is currently off-limits, including in parts of Moreton Bay.

On the final day of campaigning before today’s election, LNP leader Campbell Newman told visitors to the Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show yesterday an LNP government would be “fishing-friendly”.
    Newman said
    "What we've committed to is reviewing the issue of recreational fishing access. We don't believe it's currently fair."

His fishing spokesman, Cleveland MP Mark Robinson, later confirmed to brisbanetimes.com.au the party would examine whether recreational fishing access rules could be changed in marine park no-take zones, saying he did not think angling enthusiasts were causing significant environmental harm.
    “What we’ve committed to is reviewing the issue of recreational fishing access. We don’t believe it’s currently fair.
    “We are looking at a more fair and more reasonable approach to fishing access.”
    Mr Robinson, who was part of bitter opposition to the expansion of green zones in Moreton Bay ahead of the 2009 election, said the LNP would be guided by scientific evidence.
    “We would be looking at the scientific basis behind excluding and locking out recreational fishermen [in green zones], when there does not appear to be any sound evidence that recreational fishermen are causing significant environmental harm or that recreational fishermen are damaging sustainability,” he said

~~~><))))*>

Did it really shock anyone that this petition was rejected ........ Talk is cheap (specially on a run up to an election)

I do feel for Timi though ....... I'm sure he felt that he had the ear of the government .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Not at all NAGG- I was certain it was a BS vote grab- way too much sprouting with no policy to show for it.
    Much like Abbott's promise the Carbon Tax will be repealed. Anyone who believes that will be sorely disappointed should the LNP win the federal election.

Should make the bay 100% green zone, if your good enough to buy a big 4wd and a boat then you good enough to pay a few extra dollars petrol to get outside.

All those political weasel words/statements like 'we will examine', 'we are commited to/looking at', 'moving towards'....I cant' believe I actually fell for the feel-good moment when the LNP MP showed up on here and dazzled with his ghostbusters like 'we're ready to believe (in) you'.....I'm so glad it became apparent (to me anyway) what and who he was/ a part of and voted accordingly...its the only saving grace.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Quote Originally Posted by MudRiverDan View Post
    Should make the bay 100% green zone, if your good enough to buy a big 4wd and a boat then you good enough to pay a few extra dollars petrol to get outside.

What is it about people with boats that use sounders that ticks you off so much?

Quote Originally Posted by MudRiverDan View Post
    I think I need compensation. My eyes feel as though they have been raped for reading this.
    You do realize it would include land based?