Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Green Zones to STAND

Re: Green Zones to STAND

For those that voted for the LNP on the back of their supposed fisher friendly stance and posturing would be the ones that must feel like they have been ass raped ! - By that "BCF kinda guy" !

Just remember that feeling when it comes to listening to Abbott about repealing a carbon tax's ..... or if he starts talking about marine parks
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Was repealing the carbon tax " core " or " non core " ? . That is the $ 64.00 question.

I thought it was BFC kinda guy, maybe the loophole was in the fineprint.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    For those that voted for the LNP on the back of their supposed fisher friendly stance and posturing would be the ones that must feel like they have been ass raped ! -

Never been " ass raped " so I will leave that feeling to those that have beeen , but I am a tad disappointed in Minsiter Dicksons decision.

Mind you, that is only one decision of many to come.

Good news is the Marine Infrastructure funds are still there waiting to be handed out.

The RUF has remained untouched and will be passed onto those that administered it previous to this Govt.

I suppose the big question is, how many here fished the Green Zones in Moreton Bay, prior to them becoming Green Zones and what part has the implimentation of the Zones affected your fishing catches / experience ? And. for some, the Green Zones mean nothing !

Noddy's team have been in power for a little under 10 months, so along way to go.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Never been " ass raped " so I will leave that feeling to those that have beeen , but I am a tad disappointed in Minsiter Dicksons decision.

So you're a TAD disapointed are you Phill, you should be livered. One day before we voted Campbell Newman, MP Mark, and the LNP gave us a commitment to review rec fishers access to the green zones if they got in power. Now they say they won't ever look at it.
    And you still recon we wern't lied to.
    Good news is the Marine Infrastructure funds are still there waiting to be handed out.
    That's not enough though Phill, the 4 year small marine spending is less than Labor spent on small marine infrastructure over their last 4 years.
    The RUF has remained untouched and will be passed onto those that administered it previous to this Govt.
    That's not true at all Phill, some fantastic programs that the RUF funded remain shut down, tagging for one is only getting a fraction of their old funding.
    I suppose the big question is, how many here fished the Green Zones in Moreton Bay, prior to them becoming Green Zones and what part has the implimentation of the Zones affected your fishing catches / experience ? And. for some, the Green Zones mean nothing !
    Didn't you help organize a protest rally against the implementation of the green zones when the LNP were in opposition? How can something so bad under one government not under another?
    Noddy's team have been in power for a little under 10 months, so along way to go.
    This is true.
    LP
    So are you saying Labor got it right with the Moreton Bay green zones Phill? Because the LNP just did.
    ~~~><))))*>

LP
    Phill

You know very well that a lot of people were hanging their hat on the limited opening of the green zones (1 hook) . The reality is that it was also one of the easiest pieces of policy to follow up on ...... & they choked on it!!!!

Are you really that blue blooded to believe that fishoes are in for a good deal after what the LNP has done so far ..... I bet a lot don't ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

For those that voted for the LNP on the back of their supposed fisher friendly stance and posturing would be the ones that must feel like they have been ass raped ! - By that "BCF kinda guy" !

Just remember that feeling when it comes to listening to Abbott about repealing a carbon tax's ..... or if he starts talking about marine parks
    When I listen to Abbott, I hear Abbott's promises, not Newman's. In two years Newman will get booted if his government continues in this way. But It would be a cold day in hell before I would ever believe any promise from Gillard and her merry band of gangsters.

Here we go again..... circles... !!!!

We've been over and over this about who said what and who the authority to say what etc etc.

The petition called fishing to be allowed, the one hook , one rod scenario.......... the pre-election statements were in regard to other things like... re-visiting the science, so to respond to the statement, Mike... they ( Mr Dickson ) did not say " they won't even look at it". ( which by the way is your words, not the ministers ), is a tad off base with the topic and petition.

Your infrastructure statement needs to be qualified.... I am unsure of what the ALP spent... even though that is not the point.. can you give me a number ( $';s )... the LNP's is there for all to see.

The RUF.

Now here is a sticking point..... the RUF is collected by the Dept Transport via registration and as far as I know, is then handed over to FQ. What FQ.... who by the way are not the Government, but a department, do with those funds is up to them. Maybe they are directed by the minister as to where the funds are spent, I do not know. Yes, I read that some activities were cut, my point is that the whole $18 ( ? ) is being handed over and by Qld Tpt and that FQ receive that and use it at their discretion. As far as I am aware.... Some people believe that a percentage or piece of the RUF was removed and funnelled into general revenue.

My second last piece has been mis-understood..... I was asking for individuals to pass on / post up. their individual experience and in no way was I condoning the Green Zones.... but to clarify that, I do support Green Zones.......... and this is with the disclaimer ( that all politicians use when making statements to the public, but the public do not bother to hear / read or understand ),,, is that the Green Zones and any other colour, are supported by the vast majority of fishers if they are properly researched and placed in the right locations for the right reasons... THAT IS THE CRUX OF THESE ZONES..

Yes Mike, I am only disappointed at this stage. I feel we have a long way to go and my focus is on a specific Fishery item / agenda. The trouble is a Government is only in power for so long and even though you / we make headway with a Government via a department, it all turns to Doggy Doo when the Government are not re-elected and we really have to start again with new Ministers and their agendas... despite the ongoing Director Generals, and department heads etc....... the new Governments are always “ post-election “ focused on budgets and trying to dismantle the unsavoury legislation etc, left over for their predecessors. They are focused on making their own statements, their 15 minutes of fame, if you will. Let that process roll out and then maybe we can get in their ears and in their faces.

We all know that if the 750,000 Queensland fishos paid a subscription to an all encompassing representative body, the Government would be inviting us over for Tea and Truffles every other afternoon, but we are not represented and can only do what we can with the tools available. It's a bit like rowing the barbed wire canoe up “ that “ creek without a paddle.... BUT, we are hoping the tide will change and assistance to get where we want to go will arrive....patience. !

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 19-01-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Phill

You know very well that a lot of people were hanging their hat on the limited opening of the green zones (1 hook) . The reality is that it was also one of the easiest pieces of policy to follow up on ...... & they choked on it!!!!

Are you really that blue blooded to believe that fishoes are in for a good deal after what the LNP has done so far ..... I bet a lot don't ?

Chris
    They choked on it or as I see it.............. our representative who put it on the table was shafted... depends on your point of view and ability to see the big picture I suppose ?

Good Deal............. ????????? here we go.... placing YOUR words into the debate. Can you link me, copy and paste or even email me the statement from anyone in the LNP who stated the words " Good Deal ".? Please do it.............. please. !!!!!

I am not after a " good deal ".... I am after a fair outcome.................... I am after accountability and transparencey in making legislation for recreational fishers, I am after a multi-point focus in relation to the current state of the fishery, I am after a fair hearing in relation to all fishery activities that come under the Governments microscope, I am after a government that will make commonsense decisions in relation to Recreational Fishing and am most certainly after a Governing body that does NOT make decisions based on the hope of recieving preference votes or simply to appease minority groups................

LP

They choked on it or as I see it.............. our representative who put it on the table was shafted... depends on your point of view and ability to see the big picture I suppose ?

Good Deal............. ????????? here we go.... placing YOUR words into the debate. Can you link me, copy and paste or even email me the statement from anyone in the LNP who stated the words " Good Deal ".? Please do it.............. please. !!!!!

I am not after a " good deal ".... I am after a fair outcome.................... I am after accountability and transparencey in making legislation for recreational fishers, I am after a multi-point focus in relation to the current state of the fishery, I am after a fair hearing in relation to all fishery activities that come under the Governments microscope, I am after a government that will make commonsense decisions in relation to Recreational Fishing and am most certainly after a Governing body that does NOT make decisions based on the hope of recieving preference votes or simply to appease minority groups................

LP
    Semantics Phill

Yes ..... they are my words - but you know exactly what I mean

Labor were pasted for their fishing policies & the LNP was being put forward as a fisher friendly alternative. To date that BCF kinda guy has done diddly squat , ignored his previous fisheries spokesperson & done a hatchet job on several fishing related projects incl the RUF funding -
    One of the most publicised fishing related topics was the 1 hook in green zones turn around ......... GONE!

Fishing is of no interest to this government ...... now they are in power

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I loved Little Johnny's 'Core' and 'Non Core' but people forget that, thanks Steeler, just like the impression the LNP gave to many about their intent, their bona fides as to fishing left the house with a big majority,, i wonder if they had a small majority would they be so indifferent?

Sort of think that nothing will change until they need a small sectional vote after the next election, do they care about the fishing vote? Clearly No and why would they with such a majority...

With the debate over Mark out there talking it up with Green Zones then not getting the job, always thought the buck stopped at the top, does in private enterprise and i doubt he was a lone wolf talking up the Green Zones, ... clever politics maybe but geez they fail the integrity test just like the ALP did....
    Tangles KFC

Brian Williams story is a misrepresentation of the government. Yes, a response to the petition is not as clear as it could be and the new Parks minister, Steve Dickson, has not yet had a reasonable opportunity to address the issue. The facts are that the governments position has not changed since the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Brian Williams story is a misrepresentation of the government. Yes, a response to the petition is not as clear as it could be and the new Parks minister, Steve Dickson, has not yet had a reasonable opportunity to address the issue. The facts are that the governments position has not changed since the election.
    Can you understand how this looks like you're just stringing us along again MP Mark?
    You and Newman said this
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Newman said
    "What we've committed to is reviewing the issue of recreational fishing access. We don't believe it's currently fair."

[LEFT][LEFT]His fishing spokesman, Cleveland MP Mark Robinson, later confirmed to brisbanetimes.com.au the party would examine whether recreational fishing access rules could be changed in marine park no-take zones, saying he did not think angling enthusiasts were causing significant environmental harm. “What we’ve committed to is reviewing the issue of recreational fishing access".
    Now your own Government Minister has said about rec fishing access to green zones
    "Given the extremely large area of marine waters in Queensland available for recreational fishing, it is not considered that any change is required to the existing State marine park zones at this time."

Here is the Minister's full response, if it's "not clear", perhaps you should read it again.
    http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/app...es/1964-12.pdf

Everyone in the Gov I've spoken to about this has said the exact opposite of what you and Phill are sprooking, and that includes LNP members, a Minister, and Newman himself. So who are the liers?
    And, why have you bumped me from your Facebook "friends" list Mark?
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Most of us realise this .........The LNPs position is " bum firmly planted on their hands with their head shoved in the sand "
    Come in spinner!
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

OK fellas, enough of the nit picking semantic bullsh!t. I don't thing anyone denies that the LNP made representations to lead recreation fishermen into believing that the Green Zone situation would be reviewed and a fairer system implemented. This has not happened. The LNP still has plenty of time to do something positive it this term but they are certainly dragging the chain at the moment.
    Currently the way I see it rec fishos are significantly worse off under the current regime. The cutbacks will have long term consequences. Its time for Can't do to put some money where his mouth is and start implementing policy that backs up his pre election rhetoric as "a BCF sort of guy". Limited access gains into some of the Green Zones would have been a great start.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

To be honest I'm over all this political mumbo-jumbo.
    I'm tired of semantics and I'm tired of political 'get out of Goal free cards' like Steve Dickson, has not yet had a reasonable opportunity to address the issue
    I can only remember what was implied before an election and I can remember what was delivered, but more importantly, I will remember what was not delivered, and most importantly, I'll remember what I was misled about.
    Before the election I was led to believe the LNP were going to allow one line per person into Green Zones until the science said otherwise. How's the science going?
    The LNP may have been in power for only 10 months but real science takes time. When does the real science begin?

I'm just sick to death of politics, politicians, their bullsh!t and their blatant signs of contempt to the average voter.
    Voters got them into their jobs and voters can get them out of their jobs.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good