Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zerek Live Shrimp

Re: Zerek Live Shrimp

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    The guy who invented them name is Zerek Live(pronounced leeve)
    so i guess the is no false advertising there!!
    Where did you find this out from?
    I sent an email to Wilson but to date I have not had a reply.
    At 3 for $25 that a lot of nice fresh real green prawns (about a kilo I reckon) I could be using and if I don't catch a fish I can eat the bait.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    At 3 for $25 that a lot of nice fresh real green prawns (about a kilo I reckon) I could be using and if I don't catch a fish I can eat the bait.
    are you serious finga, i said it as a joke and from the lack of replies i thought everyone took it just as that.
    i can see them at the Wilson office laughing their pants off.
    sorry mate.

sent from my crappy Samsung phone using Tapatalk 2

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    been a while since you been to the shops old fella..
    $25 will get you near on 2kg of large banana prawns

(been a while since you been to the shops old fella..
    $25 will get you near on 2kg of large banana prawns)
    Especially if they are Gladstone harbour prawns! Jokes aside, the zereks have so far been successful for me on jacks, barra, tarpon, bream, flathead, bream and a king salmon. Granted I have been flogging them though. Originally I was not that keen on them as I had a fair few follow them and not hit. I have also been a bit disappointed with the hookup rate but with a change to normal style jig hooks this has improved. However I throw them into thick country sometimes and you need the weedless style hooks for that scenario. Whatever you do don't leave them out on their side in the hot northern sun as they will stay that way with a twist in the tail and are rendered useless. Give them a go if you can get the 3 for $25 deal. If you want to be a stinky bait fisher then buy your green prawns!

And why are they called shrimps?
    They look like plastic prawns to me.
    If I get ever get live shrimps that look like those things I'm going to ask a lot of serious questions.

Thats because the friend of the guy who invented them, his name was Steve Hrimp, good bloke so he named the SHrimp after him.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Now your pulling my leg. Who's ever heard of the surname Hrimp. Image the nicknames if old mate's name was Hrimp?

I got an email about this
    His Christian name is Zerek alright but his middle name is Dwain and his surname is Ead. And his mates name is Pete Rawn.
    But did you know he had more then one mate? His other better mate (the rich mate who put all the money into the project) is Percy Lesley Andrew Stanley Tic.

What ever happened to the 'good' names plastics had like 7" nuclear chicken?