Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Camp Quality Offshore Night ! Tue 5th Feb.

Re: Camp Quality Offshore Night ! Tue 5th Feb.

Given the phone call I got late last night, I would be thinking that alot of goodtimes were had!

Good effort to raise that sort of coin.

I heard Muddy shouted the bar at one stage.................

Sorry I couldn't stay til the end Dick, but a big shout out to Jason, Greg and Peter for sharing their wealth of knowledge and yourself for organising the fundraiser for Camp Quality.

Cheers,
    Wags

Top effort Dick. A lot of work went into organizing the event but the results speak for themselves. A big thanks to Greg, Peter and Jason for some great talks. No Red, Cobia or Billie will be safe from now on
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

what a top night. was great to catch up with the ausfish crew and meet a few new faces too. hard to keep dry eyes during trevs introduction and great to meet ronnie too. what a champion young bloke. thanks also to greg, jason and peter for taking the time out to teach us lousy fisho's how to catch a feed.
    so, when's the next one dick?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

I forgot to thank the crew from Carseldine Tackle Shop. Their support was noted by many
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I had a great night and it was good to catch up and meet a few of you. A fantastic effort in raising the funds and it was great listening to the guest speakers and having a chat with them to thanks to Greg,My good mate Jas,and Peter for making the trip all the sponsors especially the Tackleshop Carsldine for your great support. Alot of the money raised was thanks to you guys digging deep to supply the gear aswell as everyone who donated towards the night. Got myself a Wicked fishing DVD to (thanks Greg). Thanks for a great night it was awsome to see such a great turnout and well done to the DT family and everyone who played a part in organising a fantastic night.

And Ronnie you are a little champ mate enjoy that new Diawa Rod and Reel.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

The night was huge in a lot of ways.

The numbers of rec fishos and others that turned out on a Tuesday evening was staggering.

The sponsors deserve a huge rap as do the organisers... and their helpers.

The amount of needed coin to assist Camp Quality raised was over-the-top...

The guest speakers emparting thier wealth of knowledge need to be recognised for their contribution.

The venue owners should be well pleased for their efforts on making the room available.

To see so many of the Ausfish family supporting this event was heartwarming. We even had one member travel down from north of Gympie for the show... amazing. Certainly many people came from all corners of Brisbane and Gold Coast and I suppose we should mention the non-auction-winner proxy attendence from WA.

We had the local MP from Springwood turn up and could only stay til the end of Jasons talk. He is not a fisho, but was overwhelmed by the numbers and support he witnessed in that room. Yes, I bashed his ear about the LNP and their commitment to rec fishing in Qld. I believe he left the venue with a totally knew idea / thought of what recreational fishers are .

Richard and Tracey............ well done guys.

You also had great support from mates and business's.

Ausfish would be honoured to support and promote any future Camp Quality event run by Offshore Fishing SEQ and Richard.

Everyone who attended can pat themselves on the back and know that your efforts will not go un-noticed by those recieving the fruits of your labour / time from last night.

Cheers Phill

ps. yes, there was a small gathering at Club Algona ( my place ) which ended after 1am... Steve, I did not make that call...

><>
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 06-02-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks guys for all the support and kind words, I just got off the phone to Peter Pakula regarding an Offshore SEQ/Pakula Camp quality Tournament series !
    If you missed the night dont worry it will be annual "Northside next year" It will be family based and I have a plan for it to be a mini Tackle Expo.
    Who knows we may even give a boat away as a door prize if we can get it up.
    I ran out of celebratory Fluid at home some time after 3 got to bed by 6 fell asleep around 8 and woke at 10 Just a little dusty today.
    Stay Tuned
    Dick

I'd like to add to the noise by passing on my congrats!! Great night, great people, great prizes and all for a GREAT cause.

If I had the money I would have won the auction for Peter as deckie and taken him offshore in my 4.75!

How can non-facebook users keep up with your group(other then the obvious)?

Richard it was a huge night mate thanks to you and Tracy.

The talks were great with sharing of information and valuable tips.

My young bloke had an absolute ball being a part of the event and fuelled on by a few fire-engines.
    ronnie3.JPG

He really enjoyed getting involved and constantly said to me "I want to go and see if Richard needs my help"
    ronnie1.JPG
    He even managed to pull out of the bucket a prize for us - a great electric knife sharpener - two dips later he pulled out another of our numbers

At the end of his involvement he was generously presented with a rod and reel combo from the guys from Carseldine Tackle Shop - thanks heaps fellas from Ronnie and myself. Added to that Richard has kindly offered to come along with Ronnie and I to Mud Island to show him how to put a big bend into that piece of kit
    ronnie2.JPG

Yesterday was a fantastic but anxious day for my tribe as Ronnie had CT scans and ultrasound to his body following the radiation treatment finishing one month ago. Today we saw the oncologist to get the results and they are ALL CLEAR for tumours This is the first scan of many to come over time but a landmark and very welcome one as every clear scan will be for the next ten years till we can breath a sigh of mission accomplished.

Richard, you and Tracy have made kids lives a lot more joyful in camp quality thanks to your efforts and the selfless time given by Jason, Peter and Greg and backed up by the donations of generous sponsors and all the kind fishing folk supporting it with the level of fun and laughter it deserved.

Thanks all a memorable night for Ronnie and myself and especially those that will benefit from the great amount of money raised
    ronnie4.JPG
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Richard it was a huge night mate thanks to you and Tracy.

The talks were great with sharing of information and valuable tips.

My young bloke had an absolute ball being a part of the event and fuelled on by a few fire-engines.
    ronnie3.JPG

He really enjoyed getting involved and constantly said to me "I want to go and see if Richard needs my help"
    ronnie1.JPG
    He even managed to pull out of the bucket a prize for us - a great electric knife sharpener - two dips later he pulled out another of our numbers

At the end of his involvement he was generously presented with a rod and reel combo from the guys from Carseldine Tackle Shop - thanks heaps fellas from Ronnie and myself. Added to that Richard has kindly offered to come along with Ronnie and I to Mud Island to show him how to put a big bend into that piece of kit
    ronnie2.JPG

Yesterday was a fantastic but anxious day for my tribe as Ronnie had CT scans and ultrasound to his body following the radiation treatment finishing one month ago. Today we saw the oncologist to get the results and they are ALL CLEAR for tumours This is the first scan of many to come over time but a landmark and very welcome one as every clear scan will be for the next ten years till we can breath a sigh of mission accomplished.

Richard, you and Tracy have made kids lives a lot more joyful in camp quality thanks to your efforts and the selfless time given by Jason, Peter and Greg and backed up by the donations of generous sponsors and all the kind fishing folk supporting it with the level of fun and laughter it deserved.

Thanks all a memorable night for Ronnie and myself and especially those that will benefit from the great amount of money raised
    ronnie4.JPG
    Thats fantasic news trev!

Trev thanks to you and our very own Champion Ronnie mate, The little fella kept me on my toes all night.
    Thank Ronnie for me and tell Him let me know when he is ready to bend that Rod I have a special spot that Pirates use off Mud island, Just dont tell Mossy Shhhhh

Richard,,, Mate had a great time ,, what a turn out ,,, it was good to catch up with everyone...TREV that is great news about Ronnie will you 2 be going to the Ramp it up event ??? once again bloody great night
    Cheers Bill

10 K raised ! Fark yeah !

Well done to all the sponsors and presenters !

Hands up for DicknTracey

DAMO

Get afrunkinratupya!

Had a thousand beers to celebrate the good news about little Ronnie's results after recieveing a phone call from Dick. Fiona and I were very proud to be a sponsor for this event and will continue to help each and every year. As everyone has mentioned it was a absolute bottler of a night and an oustanding amount of money raised. The only disappointing part to the night were a few rude individuals who saw it fit to continually chat and not quietly i may add during the guest speakers presentation. These presentations were one of the main features of the night and were largely advertise as such. If these few people were'nt interested in the presentation's then maybe a donation online to the same amount as the door charge would have been a much better option. Enough about that and lets hope it is taken on board for any other future events and presentations.

Well done Dick and all the other sponsors and everyone involved in makeing the night a success. Also everyone that attended or donated can hold theirs heads high and be proud of themselves as every single dollar helped add up to that unbelieveable TEN GRAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Mick

I will post heaps of pics up after spending the day fishing with Peter Pakula. Can't wait will be a cracker of a day.