Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thieving bastards!!!!!!!!

thieving bastards!!!!!!!!

to the #######s who stole my boat on sunday morning off tingal road wynnum, ihope you get the worse karma for you and all your family. you are the lowest scum of the earth. had the boat hooked up ready to go out monday, and they have cut chain and pissed off with boat. boat is quintrex bay hunter 4.75m with 70 johnson has stoogin on both sices at front in red, rego is JJ22Q . if anyone sees it call cops or call matt on 0402 685 290.i know i probally wont see it again but i may as well put it out there as i know there are far more honest fishos out there. thanks . oh just got a call that insurance arent going to pay up because no trailer or tow bar lock. told them was kept under cover at all other times , and got it out night before not to wake family ,no luck, even with padlock,so just be real careful with leaving boat out at any time, insurance companys will try and find any loop holes. thanks again.

Blog Entries

Re: thieving bastards!!!!!!!!

All the best Matt, that really sux. I will keep my eyes peeled.

Have you got any photos? Which insurance company is it? I'll know to avoid them, Club Marine charge an excess of $1000 if there is no lock.

That sucks and I hope it turns up. More than a I hope Karma gets them worse .

Usual stuff - any video , security on shops in the street or here they would have to have driven to get out of the place. Have a walk arund and see if you can see any serity cameras on peoples homes in the area as the may have footage of the tow vehicle and thieves. Same on maor local roads.
    Don't give up totally on insurance until you have reread all the fineprint as they try and reject as much as they can up font. Not sure if they used a angle grinder or bolt cutters?- but they sure do come prepared. If it wasa angle grinder you may be able to argue they a hitch lock would have been no deterrant anyway and persue your claim as your failure to have a suitable hitchlock did not contribute to the theft as a angle grnder goes straight rough most crappy hitch locks.

Out of interest you should say who the insurer is as most people won't have read their policy and be caught by the same clause. I think our old GIO policy had the same and had it removed as they were trying to get us to padlock the boat to the trailer but when pushed couldn't provide detail of how it was to be done to be made suitably secure and spec out what was required. They also insisted my my mates boat be padlocked to teh swing mooring - yep a rope. He had a laugh and sent them a photo to ask if it was suitable with a small padlock and a 1/4 inch rope and they said yes?????? Absolutely laghable and a 4 tonne boat. but they have said it is OK.

Blog Entries

Hey Chubber,

It may be worth giving an ombudsman a calll and discussing this. (See attached link)
    http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.../whichType/org

I had a dispute with a telco provider that I thought was unfair and was told by them there is nothing they can do about it. I had a chat with the ombudsman for telco's and he lodged a complaint. Suprise suprise it got sorted and I didnt pay a cent.

Gotta be worth a try, they are not for profit independent advisors that are paid via our tax dollars to do this..

Good luck mate!!

That is the pits mate, good luck getting it sorted out.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

That's sucks all right...please name your insurance company so we can all boycott them in future.

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just phoned NRMA whom I am insured with and was advised there is no requirement for me to lock my boat or trailer and no extra excess applies. ( I have a $500 excess). I have also just read the policy and could find nothing which states this is a requirement.

They did state the obvious that I would not be covered if I left it in a car park so I could have it stolen. I guess this happens as an agreed value is most of the time higher than market value.

Hope you get your boat back mate and bet you will be changing insurance company.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Chubber,

sorry to hear, do you have some photos you can put up of the boat, that way guys can keep an eye out for it.

PS, when you say cut the chain, The saftey attached to the car?

Regards
    HOnda.

Make sure you double check your policy wording. We had our house ransacked a couple of months ago whilst we were away - completely trashed with tens of thousands of bucks worth of stuff stolen. The wife rang up the insurance company and the girl in the call centre told her we weren't covered for jewellery and a whole bunch of other stuff.

The wife started crying so i got out the policy and went through it. Sure enough, we were covered which I pointed out to the girl on the phone. Her reply was something like "oh really? Are you? Thats lucky then isnt it..." at which point i just about wanted to reach down the line and punch her in the throat.

Without us checking ourselves, and pointing out her error, she wouldn't have even started the claim process. So moral of the story - a lot of these people are kids that know nothing - always double check yourself, and if still no good, speak to their supervisor and get them to point out the wording in the disclosure document that invalidates your claim.

Should post this in the "boating chat" section as well, the more eyes on the lookout the better.

who are you insured with? thats piss poor on their behalf.
    Living the dream, Barry

sorry to hear mate. Hope you get compensated.

That is not good to hear. I hope you get it back as it was. If not, I wouldn't give up on pursuing the insurance company, I think they tend to go hard early and count on people not going any further once they initially try to palm you off. Keep trying to escalate with supervisors etc. Bugger them - they are just as much thieves pulling crap like that.

Bumbity bump

Can someone text him and tell him it is well worth getting photos up as people recognise boats on the road and trucks andthere is a lot of eyes. Nothing to lose if the insurer sticks to it's guns.