Thread: a few bill fish shoots

a few bill fish shoots

fished the GCGFC tornament on the weekend with some very mixed results ,
    fisinshed comp with-

3 bill fish for comp- all on day one 3-3-3

champion angler
    first bill fish with larva lure

winning boat only tagged 4 bill fish for 3 days out of 42 boats very very different from the last few weeks out .
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larva 9.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	88152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larva12.jpg 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	88153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gcgfc 4.jpg 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	88154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gcgfc11.jpg 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	88155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gcgfc12.jpg 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	88156  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	88157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	88158  

Re: a few bill fish shoots

Well done congrats on the champ angler.. What is the thing attached to your motor?
    Cheers

There seems to be a few more up north Wayne.
    We went 8-4-2 on Friday at Point Lookout plus a few other strikes that we had no idea what they were.
    Also got some dollies and fin

Congratulations. Great result for a trailer boat up against flybridge game boats and professional crews.

Very well done guys and gals.

You did get some okay looking conditions too - certainly wasn't Sunday when I was out there - more like a washing machine that day although there were only trollers out that day too off Cape Moreton.

Thanks for posting
    Cheers

Trev

hi Wayne
    Congratulations for your effort with a great result, the conditions were horrible Saturday and you stuck with it which was a serious commitment.
    well done
    cheers jimmy

Its a Go Pro Surfboard mount by the look of it on the motor,

Well done on the fish caught,

thanks guys going to be hard to keep my wife away from the fishing now she is well and truly hooked ,conditions were tough as we ran up to lookout all 3 days with 2 x 7yr olds and my misses who was on her first ever fishing comp.
    the mounts on the motor are stick on tag lines we run rubber bands from the line down to them keeps the lures in the corners working really well .

Few pics from Ben and Cath Dogget the boat brokers that bought "Hook Me Up" in for Van that I was on. It is a 44' Jersey with 2x715 Cats. Tops out at 38knots and cruises at 26-27knots. We were 6 from 8 for the weekend. The two lost ones were wahoo chop-offs. We were 2 from 2 on blacks on the Saturday and other than a tailer that we couldn't tempt and other ones jumping around the back of other boats that is all we saw billfish wise. Still waiting on some ripper shots Nik shot but they are yet to turn up.

Good work in the conditions Wayne and crew. It won't make you feel better to know we ran home at 25-26knots each afternoon! We did have to punch into it at 12-14knots in the mornings though! Good work to "Game Day", "Mistress", "Hot Deal" and "Sea Eagle" who all caught four each over their two best days with results decided on time for those boats in order.

Last edited by Smithy; 16-01-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty_cat View Post
    thanks guys going to be hard to keep my wife away from the fishing now she is well and truly hooked ,conditions were tough as we ran up to lookout all 3 days with 2 x 7yr olds and my misses who was on her first ever fishing comp.
    the mounts on the motor are stick on tag lines we run rubber bands from the line down to them keeps the lures in the corners working really well .
    Wayne
    Awesome effort with a trailer boat & family - dreams come true - congrats.
    Can you please post links /more info re the "stick on tag lines" please.
    Mal

hey mal brought them 5-6 yrs ago so cannot help with place of purchase ( was springwood marine who no longer stock them) but iam sure you can find them somewhere
    details on sticker - deep blue marine products 1-888-915-1999

no probs smithy with the northerly we ran home at 24-26 knots every arvo, trip out to lookout on the other hand was a different story
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1186.JPG 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	88227  

Great report Wayne, love the pics,
    Tangles KFC

Great work Wayne, looked like tough conditions.

Those release clips are available from Wellsys Tackle on the Sunshine Coast or their website.