Thread: Just another day in GT paradise on SeaFever Sportfishing Whitsundays!

Just another day in GT paradise on SeaFever Sportfishing Whitsundays!

I can't belive my luck! 8 days ago I was in NZ catching Kingies then, yesterday, I did a day trip with SeaFever popping for GTs!
    I'm not going to describe every minute, but we had an awesome day out on the GBR. I scored 2 GTs in 2 casts in the morning session, but couldn't get a commited hit during the crazy afternoon bite. I should have changed from my 7Seas stickbait to a popper, but persevered. The boys running chuggers were getting some classic GT bites and nearly every hooked fish was bringing a bunch of his mates to the boat. Cool stuff! Some of the highlights of the day included a new PB GT for my deckie Jason (a good 20 plus kg on 50lb gear), a great 30kg GT for Adam (holidaying on Daydream from Melbourne) and a couple of healthy Spaniards on the troll. Interestingly, both Mackeral were taken on the downrigger, despite a spread of 6 lures in the water.
    Another brilliant day with Ash and Paulie from SeaFever. I asked Adam (the Melbournite, and a real nice guy too) how he found Seafever. He had searched the internet and found nothing but glowing reports on them. When we dropped him back at Daydream (after landing 3 great GTs including a 30kg cracker) he was broken and delirious, but said it had been his best ever day on the water! He was pumped!
    It might be 3 months before I get offshore again, but at least I will have the images of yesterdays trip to survive on!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	740.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	88125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	718.jpg 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	88126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	971.jpg 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	88127Click image for larger version. 

Name:	988.jpg 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	88128
    Thanks to Simon Steele for his pics.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Re: Just another day in GT paradise on SeaFever Sportfishing Whitsundays!

Certainly some bruisers there
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thanks Horse. How are you going in your quest for the GT?

Look at the size of those GT's. Bet none of your shirts fit now, that your arms are 2" longer.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Look at the size of those GT's. Bet none of your shirts fit now, that your arms are 2" longer.
    Lol! That's a fair call! The bloke in the bottom pic is a fit sort of dude, he's a plasterer by trade. He was knackered by the time he landed that beauty just the casting and popping all day is tough work. But when they go crazy, its worth ALL the pain

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    Thanks Horse. How are you going in your quest for the GT?
    I havent bent the rod in anger yet but the time will come
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I havent bent the rod in anger yet but the time will come
    You know, its always worth having a go with a decent sized popper when you are bottom bashing. Particularly if there's some shallow ground (say less than 12-15m) within casting range. I also reckon if you're getting Red Throats, there's extra good odds of a gt.