Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ramp it up is ONLINE NOW!!!

Re: ramp it up is ONLINE NOW!!!

So Dave, is the Manager defined as an entity such as Redland City Council or is it a position such as the CEO of RCC?
    Either way negligence is the only way I could consider management of this facility.

Angry

i believe the entity is the manager and yes, i use the term loosely...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Dear Netmaker. Wrt your interest in ramps, I was at Manly harbour yesterday with Neil Symes MP celebrating the fact that a solution has been found to the problems the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club was experiencing. While I was there we also discussed the recent announcement that the public boat ramp at Manly harbour was to benefit from the Marine Infrastructure fund that I promised we would establish (in my time as Shadow Minister for Marine Infrastructure) should we become government. While I don't have the detail in front of me I believe it includes pontoons and other improvements to the ramp. This is part of the first round of funding. Other local areas can apply for funding as a consortium eg. Councils-Rec Fishing Groups-Boating Clubs etc for boat ramps, pontoons, fishing platforms, artificial reefs etc. As there is a finite amount in the fund each year, the proposals are prioritised. But it provides an opportunity for local areas to get together and get some infrastructure. Would love to see you use your energies to promote this and help get some new proposals together.
    Regards, Mark
    PS: WRT Wello Point, I am standing with the boaties to hold onto the parking bays. But ultimately it is the local councillor who people should talk to about it as it is a Council jurisdiction. I wouldn't want to be accused of Big brothering her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Dear Netmaker. Wrt your interest in ramps, I was at Manly harbour yesterday with Neil Symes MP celebrating the fact that a solution has been found to the problems the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club was experiencing. While I was there we also discussed the recent announcement that the public boat ramp at Manly harbour was to benefit from the Marine Infrastructure fund that I promised we would establish (in my time as Shadow Minister for Marine Infrastructure) should we become government. While I don't have the detail in front of me I believe it includes pontoons and other improvements to the ramp. This is part of the first round of funding. Other local areas can apply for funding as a consortium eg. Councils-Rec Fishing Groups-Boating Clubs etc for boat ramps, pontoons, fishing platforms, artificial reefs etc. As there is a finite amount in the fund each year, the proposals are prioritised. But it provides an opportunity for local areas to get together and get some infrastructure. Would love to see you use your energies to promote this and help get some new proposals together.
    Regards, Mark
    PS: WRT Wello Point, I am standing with the boaties to hold onto the parking bays. But ultimately it is the local councillor who people should talk to about it as it is a Council jurisdiction. I wouldn't want to be accused of Big brothering her.
    thanks mark. i am currently involved in one such proposal for research grants and also have signed a contract with oceanwatch to maintain a TAngler fishing line bin at the point. i am not simply about complaining although our council does make it easy. i would be very interested in trying to arrange a funding application for the point but am doubtful as to council favouring any sort of dual application with ramp it up. any assistance you could provide in pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
    i also doubt any sort of favourable outcome on the parking with the councillor for the point. my last 2 emails to her have yet to be answered. i have had many email communications with her and whilst she has been keen to distance herself from the parking trial and tell me how she doesn't agree with it on holidays etc, when i questioned her about the other 29 bays stolen from boaties on new years day, she has unfortunately decided to no longer reply to my emails.

i probably should have added that at the initial community meeting, boaties proposed new infrastructure but we were advised that state government "green" tape would put the kybosh on that. i also wonder why council is not already involved in seeking state funds to improve facilities at the point. is this something that ratepayers are meant to kick off? if so, why are we supposed to be planning for future facilities? shouldn't this actually be a part of councils job? don't we as rate and rego payers already pay them for facilities and upkeep?

hi all. well it's booked in. sunday february 24 at wellington point reserve. i will be setting up at 6am and aim to start cooking about 7.30am. all those on my email list should have received an email by now. if you haven't, please contact me. any others wanting to attend, also please contact me with numbers asap so i can attend to catering needs. note that our permit requires no glass containers or alcohol and also remember the image that we portray is of the utmost importance. should be a great bash. and don't forget your boats! if the weathers good that day i see no reason not to head out on the bay for a bit of fun in the arvo.
    cheers
    dave