Thread: Has Anyone Tried These Lures?

Has Anyone Tried These Lures?

Are these any good?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226552884543

(Might save some time instead of watching out for strays!)

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Re: Has Anyone Tried These Lures?

I wonder how much it cost this guy for the advertorial?? What other lure maker can you remember getting such widespread coverage of their product???
    The idea and designs do not look that new, rigging plastic prawns on worm hooks like he has them is pretty old hat.
    It might be the plastic itself that has a particular action though. Be worth buying a packet to find out, but at $23.90 for a three pack.....they are very exy.
    Jack.

I wonder how much it cost this guy for the advertorial?? What other lure maker can you remember getting such widespread coverage of their product???
    Bet he didn't pay cent to the paper. Bet he paid a good PR company though. Tip for anyone starting a new business thiking bout buying advertising space - forget advertising - pay for a PR person. Trust me.

(PS - I'm not a PR person).

Oh and on topic - I've heard good anecdotal reviews of these Jelly Prawns.

yeah guys up here are doing well on them for barra, however apparently you can make them yourself for cheaper, there's some moulds and plastics that you can buy.

Looks like they are rigged backwards, and when you stop winding they float forward. Interesting, may be worth a try,

I ran into this guy selling these lures at a market stall in Townsville a few months ago. I purchased 2 of different types and have had some success with them. If nothing else they are durable. The lures i purchased were rigged backward (so to speak) as this is the way a prawn propells it self through the water. Both of the ones i purchased were weighted 3/8 oz with 5/0 hooks mainly for snapper. The guy him self seems to know his stuff and although the lures are expensive they are very solid.
    Regards to all Dick

At that price I doubt I ever will.

Dan

A guy at my boat ramp gave me some to try, They go okay, nothing special enough to make you chase after them or anything, just another generic prawn imitation in my opinion.

I've got a few and have brained the flatties on them. They aren't the end-of-days product that they are made out to be in the article, but they are a very successful lure. I used one lure for about 10-12 fish before I changed over.
    I'm not sure if maybe a few of you guys missed it, but it say's $23.90 for a THREE pack. So at $8 a lure, being more durable then a soft plastic, you're laughing. You pay $15 or thereabouts for a prawnstar, the original prawn imitation, and people are complaining at something half the price?