Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exploit website toolkit 4 attack

Re: Exploit website toolkit 4 attack

Quote Originally Posted by GreekBoi View Post
    I use to run my own IT Security business and I can tell you by looking at that picture its to do with a script which would be in the ad scripts.
    It was made by a group of blackhat hackers. I would advise you to first clean all your temp internet files, cookies, temp files. I recommend this tool to everyone I give advice to
    Toolwiz Care its just a free tool that is a 1 click clean up of your system and has some extra advanced features for Security and cleanup/performance.

The other thing is it effects XML which I would guess the ad's are using xml to load as per the referring you to this site it may be trying to load a hidden backdoor script but
    your virus scanner is blocking the attack which is a good thing. This only effects IE as you can see in the picture it's stating that the attack is coming from IEXPLORE.EXE.

So all you need to do to fix the xml is read this and download the fixit tool that Microsoft has made for this xml vulnerability - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719615

Hope you find this advice to what you need.. if you need anymore IT Security advice just hit me up
    There is a web site called Windows Secrets. It has been around for a long time . Just recently they had a write up about Java script and how it can affect security in some browsers. It might worth a read .

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Looks like it may be from one of the adverts, not Ausfish itself.

I dont see the adds though, so cant confirm.
    Andy is correct the code excuted from one of the AD's, it launched a Java script, My AV caught it and I fixed it. The AD's are random and i havent had the issue come back, Likely the add service found it and removed the code.

It is not a false positive, but ingnoring warnings is how you will get caught. Treat all warnings with care and take the time to read them.. research and find a solution.

Regards
    HOnda.

Regards
    HOnda.

@MudRiverDan
    No, Microsoft doesn't include all the smaller patches like this. They may of thought it wasn't a serious security hole.
    You will find that they only patch the high risk security holes for the operating system, software like Office. But They hardly patch Internet Explorer unless
    it was a security hole within the coding of Internet Explorer which this isn't.

@Gon Fishun

Thanks but I already know this. Its called Java-run-by which a hacker would create a virus and inject it into a special
    formed javascript code. When a victim goes to a website that is directed by the hacker the script will ask the victim to accept a trusted
    certificate which in turn will download and execute the virus that was injected into the script.

I hope I'm not talking to much jargon