Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cush It Baby!

Cush It Baby!

So whilst watching IFISH today i notice a very 'strange' looking plastic 'thing' strapped onto the butt of the rods been used. At first i thought it was an odd joke but on further examination it appears to be one of the best fishing gadgets I'd seen in quite some while. Insert the Cush It. A plastic device that takes the place of traditional gimble belts, plus it floats so if you balls up and drop your gear in the drink it will float!

IMG_7148-e1318660590368-800x619.jpeg
    Cush-it-three-sizes-800x640.jpg

Sooo despite looking a little odd i ordered a medium and small, worth a go, if Nomad exclusively use them then they are more then adequate for my little adventures!

So.......Who wants to come on an overnighter with me

Cheers
    Josh
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 11-01-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    Yalta Craft 555HC, "BIMINI TWIST", home port Gladstone
    Member of the Yalta Craft Appreciation Society

Re: Cush It Baby!

I think these will be a banned item on a week long camping trip with plenty of alcohol........the boys sure as hell will dream up something for them and the owners......just too phallic I think.
    Jack.

Where did you order it from Josh?

Can buy them here -http://www.elitetackle.com.au/cush-it/

There are a couple of place in AUS of course there are also OS sellers, one of which currently has buy one get the other at half price with $7 shipping...initials are TD... Total for a med and small plus delivery $28. Up to the individual how they want to spend their hard earned. Also you can buy them from Nomads site.
    Josh

For those who are interested, received my cush it's today, well they are pretty cool! The medium fits perfectly on my T-Curve Deep Jig 200's and 400's. The medium feels reallly good on the rod, i think ill even leave it one whilst fishing, very confortable tucked under your arm. The smaller on is perfect for all the smaller rods, Tcurve 5-10 saltwater spin etc,
    WIll give a proper report once i have a few fish under my belt with them on, I also orderd an Avet SX MC....they should go well together!!

Josh

Haven't seen this thread before.......must have been posted when I was overseas.

So the real question is......what did Phill have to edit on 11-01-2013?

Im hoping because the video I posted didnt work, and not because it was in breach of Ausfish's rules (mind you it was a Nomad video explaining the product, not anything.....naughty....)

Josh

Bit surprised as that sort of thing has been out for at least 5 years

Mmm really? First I've ever seen of it, have never seen them for sale in stores? I have seen a similar one from shimano, not nearly as good!
    Cheers
    Josh

Oh dear,.. What is their sales slogan " Cush it, great for your butt "

Btw, I thinks it's a clever idea, way better than a gimble if it works.
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

Quote Originally Posted by four_button_arnie View Post
    Mmm really? First I've ever seen of it, have never seen them for sale in stores? I have seen a similar one from shimano, not nearly as good!
    Cheers
    Josh
    It’s not the same product but it does the same job just being slid on the butt.The blue plastic part is soft and air filled.

Well there you go, is the 'tube' part soft?
    Do you find it good to use?

Josh

Handy for when you’re out on your own and you need a gimbal belt fitted and you can’t rest the rod in a fight.Very easy to slip this on.Doesn’t matter what brand you buy,it’s just handy having it there for up to medium size fish.
    The tube part is hard plastic

But if i am going for large species e.g.shark ,then a proper gimbal with belt is required.
    As these just won’t give the same comfort or spread the pressure evenly

Does anyone know if these are stocked on any tackle shops in brissy? Or is it online only

Thanks
    Rob