Thread: Kevlacat Flycaster

Question Kevlacat Flycaster

Looking at a Kevlacat flycaster and would love any feedback on these craft as i had not heard of them b4, Mainly want to know of any problems they may have as it does seem to be good for fresh water as well as the salty . Thanks in advance
    stevo
    Life begins when you get one!!!

Re: Kevlacat Flycaster

I fished on one for a week doing a Nomad trip. I can tell you they are super stable and very economical. It was rare to use more than 1 tote tank for a full days fishing. Ride wise, hmm firm is the word that comes to mind. In sheltered waters or good days they would be no problem. 70 Suzuki was a good power match with 4 pob. I don't think Nomad had any big structural issues with theirs averaging over 1000 hours per year.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Went ahead and bought the Flycaster and have finished all rewiring and all is done except the engine is no good. Just started looking for new outboard then i can fish again, yippie.
    ps it has had a nomad sticker on it as outline is still there so could be same boat.

Been along project but all is done now, just have to reregister and will be getting wet again.

Pics Steve! Lots of picks.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Sorry no pics yet but will work on that. I keep saying I'm close but work and real life keep getting in way as well as the wifey wanting overseas trips lol. Hope to have it on water on holidays this March.

On the water again yippie, she has had two water tests now and just a couple of teething problems to fix. Only one now is throttle on control box is very stiff, guessing cables are the problem if you have any other ideas I would love to look at to rule everything out.
    thanks Stevo