Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ramp it up online next week

ramp it up online next week

hi all. very happy to announce the website should be up by sunday night. final meeting with pr man and web man sunday for any last minute tweaks. those of you i have email addresses for will receive an email advising the site is up soon after and i will be "fishing" for bbq dates at the same time. again i am very impressed by the quality of the design and overall appearance of the site. i hope you will be too.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Re: ramp it up online next week

good to hear thanks dave

Aussie day Bbq then Dave any excuse to have a Bbq and a cold beverage

Sounds good Dave,
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Looking forward to seeing it Dave!
    Well done.

Another PB for Davo..

whats the site about Dave?
    Living the dream, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Where have you been Captain Seaweed under a rock.

Netmaker has been pursuing this for months now its all around the parking (or lack there of) for boaties at Wellington Point.

Sounds good Dave cant wait to have a look.
    Cheers Axl

Good luck ol mate, after my discussions with the police on the phone last time sounds like your going to need some support to get council to open their eye's as the police won't do anything "unless it is obstructing traffic". I am still in favour of a snatching out cars with the 4x4's and a water pistol fight with brake fluid. Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    well thank you for the opportunity mr seaweed. ramp it up is all about boaties trying to get a bit of service back for the increasing dollars we are being charged by government. typical boat rego fees have increased by over 100% in the last 5 years. we have captain bligh to thank for that, along with trailer registration increases of over 35%. are we seeing any improvement in services to boaties as a result? are we seeing a continual erosion of services instead? ramp it up is starting with ramp facilities under the control of redland city council (half the access points to moreton bay) in light of a recent decision by council to overrule their officers recommendations to maintain the current parking status quo and instead inflicting a "shared" parking trial on boaties whereby we lose another 12 trailer bays to single cars between 1pm and 10pm. this is on the back of photographic evidence submitted to the mayor and council outlining the already ludicrous situation of more than half of our trailer bays being parked in illegally (and even the rigging bay!). we are supposed to have 135 bays according to msq. we have 75. council has now taken another 12 leaving us with 63. new years day saw only 34 bays used by trailers and all others filled with single cars between 11am and 4pm. it is simply not good enough. here is a link to a youtube vid of the parking on new years day:

great work Dave!!! Great to have you on our team representing us.
    Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

thanks marty. we are trying to make a difference. i hope that once our council realises that this will be an ongoing campaign and we are not going to let up that they reconsider their foolish actions. they have an obligation to qld transport to manage facilities "efficiently" and there is no way they could even pretend they are doing that. interestingly, we have also had enquiries from WA on setting up a subsidary branch there. it is obviously not a local problem and we figure that numbers are everything in politics. so, if you have ramp problems up your way we set about getting all members to email your council with our concerns. only a few minutes time from a lot of people can make a difference. i expect it will take time but i also expect that numbers will snowball as more boaties become aware of us and what we are trying to achieve. the site will not have a forum but will be used to inform members and to collect contact details and will also have input areas for people to notify us of their concerns. we will be aiming to release periodical e-bulletins to keep members in the loop of our activities. perhaps you would like to send me your email address and i will forward you our first e-bulletin sent in november.

Shoot! I'd not realised it's that bad down that way.

That video should be all it takes to get something done. Simply and obviously an outrageous situation.

Everyone in council who isn't asleep should realise that is simply unacceptable.

I sincerely hope you have a quick win.

i sent an email with the link to the vid to all 9 of our councillors who voted in the shared parking and got 1 reply. wendy boglary pointed out that she didn't want the trial over the busy holiday period. i said stuff the trial. that's only 12 bays you helped steal from boaties. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 29 BAYS STOLEN IN THAT VID? i haven't received a reply to that as yet...

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    i sent an email with the link to the vid to all 9 of our councillors who voted in the shared parking and got 1 reply. wendy boglary pointed out that she didn't want the trial over the busy holiday period. i said stuff the trial. that's only 12 bays you helped steal from boaties. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 29 BAYS STOLEN IN THAT VID? i haven't received a reply to that as yet...
    I have sent an email to Wendy Boglary asking her to advise how many cars were issued infringement notices on that day (1/1/13). She replied indicating she would find out. I'll wait and see.